Debit Collector re-filing a suit they LOST 1st time

I went to civil court in GA to answer a debit collection filing and they did not show up for the court date and it was dismissed. Now they have REFILED. What actions can I take - if any, or anything I can state before the judge of their non-appearance last time - so unfair they can keep re-filing and having me go back and forth to court.

Not much you can do about that. HOWEVER any time you go to court on this case I would have the dismissal order from the first go around. If they do not show again ask the judge to dismiss *with* prejudice since this is the second time you are in court due to their no-show.

If this is a JDB you may be able to make out a case of action intended to harass you.

I am looking to do a counter-claim as a basis of this is how they had and have been doing business and this is why they were not repaid - this is their pattern of dropping the ball and then wanting you to pay for their mistake - they are still adding interest from the time they missed the court date (hence the dismissal)! I tried to offer a payout and they refused it.