Overwhelmed by options

themaskedman

I have a collection on my report, 1 late, and 2 medical collections NOT on my reports yet and I am OVERWHELMED by the various letters and tactics to use with these.

1. Verizon collection - on all 3 reports, being reported BY verizon, but also have a letter from a CA.

Do I dispute the TL with the CRAs (use a sample letter or their own forms)? Do I send a DV to the CA? Do I call Verizon's credit department with a goodwill approach? Write them a letter?

2. Sallie Mae 60-day late on a student loan - on all 3 reports - do I dispute it with the CRAs? Then try a goodwill letter?

3. Two medical collections NOT on credit reports yet, do I DV them first? Then try to negotiate a lower payment?

Please help with these three questions, I'll be so grateful. There seem to be so many approaches for these various types of negative accounts...

I have a collection on my report, 1 late, and 2 medical collections NOT on my reports yet and I am OVERWHELMED by the various letters and tactics to use with these.

1. Verizon collection - on all 3 reports, being reported BY verizon, but also have a letter from a CA.

Do I dispute the TL with the CRAs (use a sample letter or their own forms)? Do I send a DV to the CA? Do I call Verizon's credit department with a goodwill approach? Write them a letter?

2. Sallie Mae 60-day late on a student loan - on all 3 reports - do I dispute it with the CRAs? Then try a goodwill letter?

3. Two medical collections NOT on credit reports yet, do I DV them first? Then try to negotiate a lower payment?

Please help with these three questions, I'll be so grateful. There seem to be so many approaches for these various types of negative accounts...

Unless the entries on your credit reports are invalid or inaccurate, disputing would be waste of time.

What is your goal? If you want to pay the debts, contact the creditors and see what happens. In the current economy, most creditors are willing to work you in order to get their money.

Respectfully, I disagree. You can always find a way to dispute a debt. You can simply not recollect them, dispute the date opened, the amount....catch my drift?

I would dispute with the CRAs, then also send a DV letter to the collection agency.

My main goal is simply to get it off my credit reports... I have no problem paying the debt.

I'm just a little overwhelmed by the options I have at my disposal... medical collections seem more straight forward using the HIPAA letter process, but for things like this, I just don't know what's best.

For now, I'm simply going to dispute it with the CRA's (it's missing info, like dates, and I'm suspicious about the exact dollar amount) and then go from there.

My main goal is simply to get it off my credit reports... I have no problem paying the debt.

If that if your goal., then send them a letter offering a "pay for delete" where you pay the debt in return for them deleting it from your credit report. Just make sure you do it in writing and not over the phone..