Help with Defendant's Request for Production of Documents

jwhit

Just a quick recap on my case. I am in Oregon and being sued by Equable Ascent Financial (JDB). My Compaint was posted before (don't have enough posts to use include a link). I have been assigned to mandatory Arbitration in Feb. In Oregon, it is court ordered arbitration and not a trial. No documentation was attached to the Complaint. To date, I have received the Complaint, a letter to the Clerk that I had not responded to their request that I contact them regarding choice of arbitrator and availability (sent to a very old address before finally being sent to the right one- and I had already CC them on my response to the Clerk CERTIFIED) and finally a letter last week to the arbitrator that included their half of the fees and another copy of the Summons and Complaint.

Please excuse my lack of knowledge, but I am working on my first Request for Production of Documents and am getting hung up on the fact that NO WHERE have they listed the OC!!! All that was listed in the Complaint was the last 4 numbers of the account. Of course I know who it is (Chase), but should I admit that in the request? Should I actually ask them to state who they are collecting on behalf of? Or should my demand just be vague and only use "Original Creditor"?

Also, do you always need to send a Request for Admissions? (We don't have interrogatories in Oregon) Since I have so little information, would it be better to not send it at this point?

One last question (again forgive me on something so basic)- should my request for documents be on pleading paper?

Edited by jwhit

Should I actually ask them to state who they are collecting on behalf of?

They are the plaintiff, they bought your account, they are collecting on behalf of themselves, forget this one.

Also, do you always need to send a Request for Admissions? (We don't have interrogatories in Oregon) Since I have so little information, would it be better to not send it at this point?

No, usually a waste of time.

One last question (again forgive me on something so basic)- should my request for documents be on pleading paper?

See Rule 16

http://www.leg.state.or.us/ors/orcpors.htm