Account in dispute-reported by subscriber

poppet24

Hello. I have started the process of cleaning up my credit. I've just have a couple of questions and am hoping someone can help.

First question - is I have 2 items that are now showing a zero balance and a zero past due balance. The only information it is showing is under the comment of "Account in dispute-reported by subscriber" The last report sent to me from Experian stated that the outcome is "remains" so I am not sure why if there is no informaion on these 2 accounts why it is still on there. Do I send the CA's a DV letter?

Second question - is I read about disputing your old address and other information. Experian pretty much said that they are not going to do anything about it and if I dispute it again in the next 30 days, I will not get an explination. What is the best way to get that information taken off? Some of the addresses on there have never been mine as well as some of the name variations.

Thanks in advance.

First question - is I have 2 items that are now showing a zero balance and a zero past due balance. The only information it is showing is under the comment of "Account in dispute-reported by subscriber" The last report sent to me from Experian stated that the outcome is "remains" so I am not sure why if there is no informaion on these 2 accounts why it is still on there. Do I send the CA's a DV letter?

Why do you want them removed - do they have negative payment history?

Second question - is I read about disputing your old address and other information. Experian pretty much said that they are not going to do anything about it and if I dispute it again in the next 30 days, I will not get an explination. What is the best way to get that information taken off? Some of the addresses on there have never been mine as well as some of the name variations.

Experian MUST investigate and remove information that is not accurate. I would actually threaten to sue them for reporting false information on your credit report. By having an address on your credit report that is not yours, they are opening you up to potential identity theft or file mixing.

Why do you want them removed - do they have negative payment history?.

Yes, they do show a negative payment history.

Experian MUST investigate and remove information that is not accurate. I would actually threaten to sue them for reporting false information on your credit report. By having an address on your credit report that is not yours, they are opening you up to potential identity theft or file mixing.

Do I need to wait 30 days to dispute it again?

Let's talk a little bit about your first question.

It is possible that your tradeline is the original creditor. It is possible that they have sold your debt to a JDB. If this is the case, it is then proper to show a $0 balance and a $0 past due amount as well as your negative payment history.

It is also possible that the JDB bought your debt along with 10,000 other people and has not yet gotten around to filing a tradeline on your account. This would create the scenario you have described.

Did you pull your credit report directly from the CRA? If you are like me and use a third party resource, then sometimes not all of the information on your report transitions nicely to the third party report (such as date of delinquency). However, I am no longer repairing my credit, I just monitor with this tool and it is sufficient.

In your case you want to pull directly from Equifax, Experian, whatever...if the dates are all missing still, then I would vigorously argue this with the CRA. How do I know this isn't being aged? How do you know when this is set to legally expire from my report, etc. These are all valid questions that deserve answers. CRAs must be able to report accurately or they may not report at all.

As for your second question, you do not need to wait 30 days to file an ITS letter. A piece of advice though, I would wait until the date issue is resolved (or fails to resolve). You will do better with a list of indiscretions inflicted on you by the CRA in a judge's eyes then just showing up with some weak sauce (though valid) like "hey they have my address wrong and won't fix it".

Take Admin's advice and compound it with this date thing and any other issues you can lump together and have a laundry list of infractions.