Class Action against Lexinton Law

DonqIII

Anyone get a notification on this class action

lawsuit.

I got one Tuesday (it had ended in spam.)

Just looking for opinions.

I would link from my email but do not know how to....

This is a copy and paste from the first page of it.from the top of it..

LEGAL NOTICE

IF YOU HAD A CONTRACT FOR CREDIT REPAIR SERVICES WITH John C. Heath Attorney at Law, PLLC, d/b/a

Lexington Law Firm, or Adam C. Fullman, d/b/a Lexington Law Firm California,

YOU MAY BE ENTITLED TO BENEFITS FROM A CLASS ACTION SETTLEMENT

Visit www.croasettlement.com for more information

NOTICE OF CLASS ACTION AND PROPOSED SETTLEMENT

A proposed class action settlement has been reached in the above captioned case brought against the defendants John C. Heath Attorney at Law, PLLC, d/b/a Lexington Law Firm, and Adam C. Fullman (the "Defendants"), in the United States District Court for the Northern District of California.

The Settlement resolves a lawsuit over alleged violations of the Credit Repair Organizations Act, 15 U.S.C. § 1679 et. seq. Your legal rights may be affected whether you act or don't act. Please read this notice carefully. Please visit www.croasettlement.com to read the full agreement and submit a claim.

What is the Lawsuit About?

This lawsuit alleges that Defendants, among other matters, more fully defined in the Settlement Agreement, a copy of which is available at www.croasettlement.com, unlawfully restricted consumers from having direct contact with national credit bureaus such as Transunion, Experian, and Equifax. This lawsuit seeks to represent a group or "Class" of persons who were subject to such restrictions.

Defendants and other released parties deny that they or other released parties violated any law. The Court has not determined who was right. Rather, the parties have agreed to settle the lawsuit to avoid the uncertainties, expenses, and waste of resources that will result from further litigation. This notice is not an admission of wrongdoing by any party.

How Do I Know if I am a Class Member?

You are a member of the Class if you are a current or former customer of the Defendants in the United States and its territories who, between June 24, 2005 and December 8, 2011, was in a contract with the Defendants for credit repair service.

What Can I Get From the Settlement?

If you are a class member who files a valid claim by submitting either the Online Registration Form or the Registration by Mail Form before the deadline, and the Court approves the settlement, you are entitled to Settlement Benefits. The settlement offers class members two forms of relief: service improvements and certificates. Defendants agree they will not institute any policy or use any contract that contains any provision that prohibits customers from having direct contact or communications with the credit bureaus (i.e., contact without the assistance of Defendants or any third party).

Class members will also be able to receive certificates for a choice of certain comprehensive identity theft protection or credit maintenance program services, which are fully transferable up until the point of activation. John C. Heath Attorney at Law, PLLC ("Heath, PLLC") has agreed to provide between $6,250,000 and $12,500,000 worth of certificates to Class Members who elect to participate in the Settlement by submitting a registration form (either online or by mail). Detailed information on the identity theft protection services and credit maintenance program services is available at www.croasettlement.com.

How Can I Receive Settlement Benefits?

To qualify for benefits, you must submit a timely, truthful, accurate, and properly completed Online Registration Form or Registration by Mail Form. You may either submit the Online Registration Form at www.croasettlement.com by following the instructions found with the link, or you may mail a completed Mail by Registration Form, which must be submitted or postmarked no later than April 6, 2012 to:

Attention: John C. Heath or Adam Fullman

360 North Cutler Drive, North Salt Lake, Utah 84054

What are My Other Options?

You or your lawyer has the right to appear before the Court and object to the proposed Settlement. Your written objection must be submitted by February 24, 2012. If you do not wish to be a member of the Class, you may exclude yourself by writing to the Settlement Administrator. Specific instructions are available at www.croasettlement.com. Your request must be submitted by February 24, 2012.

If you do nothing you will be in the Class, and if the Court approves the settlement, you will also be bound by all orders and judgments of the Court. If approved, your claims against Defendants and other released parties for any and all claims in conjunction with credit repair services will be released.

Who Represents Me?

The Court has approved Jay Edelson, Steven L. Woodrow, and Rafey Balabanian of Edelson McGuire, LLC to be the attorneys representing the Class in this case. These attorneys are referred to as Class Counsel. You will not be charged for these lawyers. If you want to be represented by your own lawyer in this case, you may hire one at your expense.

Class Counsel will ask the Court for attorneys' fees and expenses of up to $965,000. Heath, PLLC has agreed to pay the Class Representative $10,000 for her services in helping to bring and settle this case. The Court may award less than these amounts.

When will the Court Consider the Proposed Settlement?

The Court will hold the Final Approval Hearing at 10:00 A.M. on March 16, 2012 at the United States District Court for the Northern District of California located at Courtroom 6, 17th Floor, 450 Golden Gate Avenue, San Francisco, California 94102. At that hearing, the Court will hear any objections concerning the fairness of the settlement that have been properly requested, as set forth above. The hearing may be postponed to a different date or time without notice. You are not required to come to the Final Approval Hearing.

How Do I Get More Information?

The exact release and the definition of released parties contained in the settlement are far more detailed, and you may want or need to consider it before making your decision about participating in the settlement. Likewise, much more detail about all of the provisions, including the IdentityProtectsm and Credit Repair Maintenancesm services, is contained in the full Settlement Agreement. For more information about the proposed settlement and a copy of the full Settlement Agreement and the Notice and Claim Form, go to www.croasettlement.com. You may also contact Class Counsel, at the address or phone number below for any reason, including requesting a copy of the Settlement Agreement. If you contact Class Counsel in writing, please include the case name and number, and your name and your current return address on any letters, not just the envelopes.

CLASS COUNSEL

Jay Edelson, Esq.

Steven L. Woodrow, Esq.

Rafey Balabanian, Esq.

EDELSON MCGUIRE, LLC

350 North LaSalle, Suite 1300

Chicago, IL 60654

Tel: 1 (866) 354-3015

w

It sounds like a scam to me.

It may very well be.

That is why I came here to see what input there might be.

I was a client of theirs but dropped them as I could not afford it any

longer.

They did do some good, but slowly.

It is true what they say in the papers in that they do forbid you to make any contact with the CRAs and cannot even monitor if you were into doing that.

But I also had been with someone before them who also said to not

check on things.

After finding this site I decided I would tackle my own, but I am

waiting for SOL to run because a couple I do not want to stir it up.

It may be erroneous thinking on my part but if the are checking my CRAs

and see the number of accounts... just by sheer volume I hope will put them off.

When I used a "service" a couple years ago I was also told not to do any checking during the process. They were afraid that I would somehow disturb something that they were trying to clear.

And to me that makes sense...

This is the 2nd Company since 2009 That I used.... Both said the same thing.

That is why I wonder about this suit that supposedly is just awaiting the execution of the settlement of it.

The following is what is being offered to the former clients.

What makes no sense is that they are offering an option of credit repair maintenance. But they will only tackle Transunion?

Well, I guess I will go through with this and see what happens.

As I said... I, myself , am not going top stir the pot until after

my SOLs... So, if they get any done... even just TU.

that will be less for me.

Former clients are offered.....

B. Certificates for Settlement Class Members Filing Claim Forms. In addition to the future assurance that is described above, all Settlement Class Members will be entitled to submit either the Online Registration Form or the Registration by Mail Form for IdentityProtect℠ or Credit Repair Maintenance℠ certificates. The forms will explain the available benefits, which consist of fully-transferable certificates collectively worth between $6,250,000 and $12,500,000 of monthly services. Class Members will receive a choice of a Certificate for either IdentityProtect℠ services or Credit Repair Maintenance℠ services. Class Members will be required to indicate their choice directly on the Claim Form by checking the appropriate box. A detailed explanation of the two service choices is as follows:

IdentityProtect℠ Services. IdentityProtect℠ combines traditional identity theft services with limited credit monitoring. These services are valued at $19.95 per month. IdentityProtect℠ includes, amongst other services, identity theft risk analysis and spyware protection, along with the following benefits:

IdentityProtect℠ and Fraud Alerts: This service includes alerts via telephone, email, and SMS text message when a client's credit has been accessed without the client's permission.

$25,000 Identity Theft Insurance Policy (excluding N.Y. claimants): A $25,000 Identity Theft Insurance policy is included in IdentityProtect℠ at no additional charge. This insurance pays clients for time spent recovering from fraud. It also provides access to on-call spe******ts who assist clients in developing effective strategies to resolve the client's fraud-related issues, including the assistance of attorneys who personally handle cases as necessary.

BillSentry: The program provides clients with sophisticated software tools to calendar the due date of bills and schedule creditor payments.

JunkReducer: As part of IdentityProtect℠, the service provider will directly contact consumer directories to help reduce the client's receipt of unsolicited calls and junk mail.

PasswordProtect: Clients will have access to password protection software, which allows clients to store personal passwords in a secure online network.

WalletShield: As part of the program, the service provider will contacts creditors to cancel credit cards and order new cards in the event of fraud or potential fraud.

Credit Repair Maintenance℠ Services. In the alternative to IdentityProtect℠ services, claimants will have the option of choosing the Credit Repair Maintenance℠ program. If a current Lexington Law credit repair client chooses to receive a certificate for Credit Repair Maintenance℠ services, the service will become available only when the client terminates the current credit repair program. The Credit Repair Maintenance℠ program includes seven (7) services designed to provide ongoing credit maintenance:

Credit Report Reviews: The service provider will review a Transunion credit report with the client as the basis for determining whether new problem items have appeared on the client's credit report. The service provider will then alert the client as to any issues, including identity theft and inaccurate or inappropriate collections activity.

Line-item Challenges: At the client's direction, the service provider will challenge and/or verify any of the unusual or inaccurate items on the client's credit report.

Monthly Credit Score Improvement Analysis: The service provider will provide a monthly credit score improvement analysis that analyzes the client's credit report based on relevant scoring factors.

Client Site Access and Ongoing Education: Clients will have access to a secure online site, which contains consumer credit information, additional credit analysis, and client case notes, all of which are directly relevant to the client's case.

Personal Score Coaching: Clients will have immediate and continuing access to an experienced attorney or paralegal for personalized score coaching free of charge.

Identity Theft Insurance: Clients will receive a $25,000 identity theft insurance policy at no additional cost. This plan includes access to on-call identity fraud spe******ts.

ReportWatch Alerts: Clients will receive email alerts regarding new or revised credit report items that may negatively impact their credit scores.

• 2 weeks later...

I am one of the lead attorneys on the Lexington Law class action settlement. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions, or go to the settlement website stated in the notice.

Steven Woodrow, Esq.

Edelson McGuire, LLC

(303) 357-4878

I apologize, but the service won't let me provide my email address because apparently I need 20 posts first.

I am one of the lead attorneys on the Lexington Law class action settlement. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions, or go to the settlement website stated in the notice.

Steven Woodrow, Esq.

Edelson McGuire, LLC

(303) 357-4878

I apologize, but the service won't let me provide my email address because apparently I need 20 posts first.

Sorry that it has to be that way to prevent spam

welcome also

• 6 months later...