US BANK AUTO DEBIT! SNEAKY!

I have stopped paying all my credit cards almost 2 years ago, every month a debit of 35 dollars was appearing on my bank account. I tried for the life of me to figure out what it was, but would always get frustrated, or busy, and forget, and BOA finally told me it was us bank. SO, I logged on to my us bank credit card acct, and low and behold it was them. SO, I did what i thought would do the trick. I removed my banking info so they couldn't debit it.

WELL guess what? that doesn't work. They just debited another 71 dollars out of my account. i called the rep and she stated to me that just because i remove the info doesn't mean they will stop the debits. I have to call to stop the debits. I find this HIGHLY misleading and shady. NOWHERE in my account section online could I find where it says that. Even the rep told me that it does not state that, and when I signed up for it i read the terms and conditions. of course who ever reads those long things and also its probably buried in small print.

I feel misled and taken advantage of, and I want my money BACK! is there anything i can do legally. THIS HAS TO CHANGE! WHEN I REMOVED MY BANKING INFO A POPUP OR MESSAGE SHOULD HAVE APPEARED THAT SAID "ATTENTION: YOU MUST CALL TO ACTUALLY STOP THE DEBITS, REMOVING YOUR BANKING INFORMATION WILL NOT STOP THE DEBITS, CALL 1800 RIPOFFS TO REQUEST STOPPING AUTOMATIC DEBITS". But of coruse if they did that, well then they wouldnt be able to get millions of dollars in extra payments from people as it takes time til they figure out they are still being debited. even if it was one month after you thought they stopped, you can't get that money back. its gone, bye bye. US BANK got it!

please tell me there is somethign I can do, or lets start a class action suit, this has got to be changed, its misleading and wrong.

:twisted:

I would take all my money out of that bank and open a bank acct somewhere else. Perhaps a bank acct online. Maybe an obscure bank that they can't find very easily altho I would think your new bank would need your permission to allow debits from your acct. I also would have told your old bank that you no longer sanctioned that debit and that the company wouldn't stop taking your money. You old bank could have stopped it. Move your money tomorrow. I would. and I would give your present bank no idea where it is.

Most likely you agreed to some sort of arrangement like this when you signed up for the card. There are often things like this hidden in the credit card agreement. 35 is a specific amount.... ask them what it was for and if it has been credited to your account. Eventually they'll sue you, right after you stop the debit. They got 1500 out of you, now they'll go for the rest. Sounds like student loan card to me. Meanwhile, close the account and open a new one elsewhere. Start reading the rules of procedure for your state so that you are prepared when they file suit.