Help with two CA's over one account

after7

I have a unpaid collection on my reports from 1 CA it was assigned to them by the OC and they would not budge on a pay for delete letter I sent so it sat on my report. Today another CA calls me and says they have the account now assigned to them by the same OC. They claim that they wont put it on my report if I agree to pay and that the previous CA by law has to instruct the CRA's to delete that account from my reports since they no longer have it. They said I should call the old CA and verify thats my file has been closed in their office and to send me letters stating so and a letter stating they will have them removed from my reports. What am I missing...sounds to easy. Should I call or write a letter? is it possible to have this collection removed this way?

I have a unpaid collection on my reports from 1 CA it was assigned to them by the OC and they would not budge on a pay for delete letter I sent so it sat on my report. Today another CA calls me and says they have the account now assigned to them by the same OC. They claim that they wont put it on my report if I agree to pay and that the previous CA by law has to instruct the CRA's to delete that account from my reports since they no longer have it. They said I should call the old CA and verify thats my file has been closed in their office and to send me letters stating so and a letter stating they will have them removed from my reports. What am I missing...sounds to easy. Should I call or write a letter? is it possible to have this collection removed this way?

I don't know where in the law it states that the 1st CA must delete their entry from your CR. However, since they no longer have the account, they should show a -0- balance, and they cannot update.