Is it time for "debt vailidation"?

fitch77

I have some old CC debts from 2005 that according to my credit report will drop off the books at the end of this year (in August and September). I read somewhere that I need to dispute the debts on my credit reports before the 7 years is up. Is this true? By the way we are past the statute of limitations for my state so they can't try to get a judgment against me.

Negative information stays on your report for 7 years from the original delinquency date. Then it is automatically deleted by the credit reporting agencies.

How long will it be on my credit report?

How Long on your report

Positive Information Indefinitely

Bankruptcy 10 years

Late payments 7 years

Accounts sent to collections 7 years

Other Negative Information 7 years

Lawsuits or Unpaid Judgments 7 years or more

Information in response to a job application where the salary is over $75,000 Indefinitely

Information reported because of a credit or life insurance application for over $150,000 Indefinitely

By the way we are past the statute of limitations for my state so they can't try to get a judgment against me.

Oh they can try. It happened to me. I got the claim dismissed and sued them for an FDCPA violation, and won. Not saying they will but they defiantly still try. You will just an affirmative defense of the debt being outside the staute of limitations.