Joint Auto Loan after breakup, do I NEED to re-finance??

I have a joint auto loan for my car with an ex. I have no problem making payments monthly. On average, I make them early.

My ex is demanding that I re-finance the vehicle, or sell it. I now live in another state, and do not want to go through the hassle of re-financing this vehicle when it is no burdon to me.

Am I legally required to re-finance if my ex wants me to? Can I be taken to court for NOT re-financing as long as I remain making timely payments?

Thanks!

Unless the court ordered a refi you are under no obligation and he is very unlikely to get any sympathy from the court to force you to do so.

I was on the other side of this, but the ex was not paying the bills on time and it started dinging my credit. The only option I had was to pay it and deduct it from her alimony.