Use of Counter Claims when being sued

KentWA

Last night I was bored so I just turned on the TV and Crocodile Dundee 2 was on. When the show got to the Gang Knife scene I thought this was the perfect metaphor for why you use counter claims when you have them available to you.

A lot of people come here and have a viable counter claim and say, "I will keep that in my back pocket for later if I need it". Putting aside that fact that you might waiver them by waiting, notice how the punk reacts as soon as he sees the knife (counter claim). Most JDBs and CAs must immediately notify their insurance carrier as soon as the claim is made. From that point forward the carrier has a lot of input into the case. In 99% of the cases where a viable claim is made they run like hell. Sometimes you get to quickly shred their jacket (um, case) before they run off into the night.

Had he just kept the knife hidden and threatened, what might have been the outcome?

Of course me, I take more of the Dirty Harry approach!

I love the scene where the guy comes to kill Dundee and Dundee punches him through the door. The guy regains consciousness hanging outside the skyscraper window. Dundee asks him...."You kill people for a living?" The guy says yes, Dundee laughs "you aren't very good at it."

You mentioned Dirty Harry.....check this out. "Did he fire six shots, or only five?" I've seen this movie fifty times at least. I count four shots. Remember the guy on the ground with the shotgun who says "I gots to know......" this guy was in 3 or 4 more Dirty Harry movies. Good actor.

Hey, how about Bill Hickman? Bullitt and The 7 ups. The driver of the Charger. Two cars were bought for the movie from an LA dealership, no record of whatever happened to them. I love the ending of the 7 ups....."you watch me."