Collection Call Dialogue for Student Loans

jeffbaltimore

I am a writer and can articulate powerfully in writing. However, when it comes to collection calls and having to think on my feet, I am a blubbering idiot. Well, not an idiot, but not effective. Can anyone give suggestions for dialogue between myself and a collection agent?

For example: I have asked if the collection agency is licensed to collect in my state and they say yes. How do I proceed with this interaction? Ask for an identification number? Some collection agencies have started openly making negative judgements concerning my character. In response to a Debt Validation Letter, for example, a collection agent told me that I was using a stall tactic and that I am trying to avoid what I should have taken care of in the first place.

Any assistance as far as a running dialogue that I can use with collection agencies would be greatly appreciated.