statute of limitations, reset, reage, where is the law

there have been talks about statute of limitations being reset when you make a payment on an alleged debt. where in the law does it state that making a payment will reset the statute of limitations for both reporting and legal action? (or where does it say it wont reset sol)

this is my situation:

i do admit that i have a balance with....i'll call them "chase." i had a credit card with "chase" in 1999 and had a balance of $1500. in 2003 i defaulted and the account was close, charged off, but never sent to collections. they basically just sat on the charge off and did not try to collect on it.

i called chase and wanted to apply for a credit card. they said i cant because i still have a balance from 2003. i said "oh really, whats the account number" and they gave me the account number.

i go to my bank, and do a balance transfer from the old chase account to my banks credit card in the amount of $500 and i plan on paying the balance in full within 60 days. (the remaining $1,000).

i am not disputing the debt my question is a rather simple one:

can chase now put this on my credit report as a negative tradeline? is there any chance this will hit my credit report?

what statute or authority supports the answer to the above question?

Regarding the SOL, check your state laws. My state has a law that says a payment resets the SOL for collection and legal action.

I wouldn't think a payment would reset the SOL for reporting. The account has already been charged off and is past the SOL for reporting. Since a negative TL begins with a delinquency, I'm not sure they would report based on the fact you paid the account off. But, I could be wrong. Hopefully, someone here knows for sure.

Send them a document to sign with the payment. I suggest doing it with a check. The document should set forth the conditions: a covenant not to sue on the specific account because of accord and satisfaction, a full release now and forever of any claims related to account numer XXXXX, and a promise to remove any negatives on the credit report and make no further negative entries.

Send them a document to sign with the payment. I suggest doing it with a check. The document should set forth the conditions: a covenant not to sue on the specific account because of accord and satisfaction, a full release now and forever of any claims related to account numer XXXXX, and a promise to remove any negatives on the credit report and make no further negative entries.

my man!

thanks