Sign in to follow this  
naruk2495

Got Settlement from Discovery

I am newbie here. I closed my account on Sep20,2011 and my balanced was ZERO.(I did not own thier money and I paid on time.)

Today, I got settlement letter form Discovery and I call Discovery center, and asked them and they said "you just discard it".

My question is

Do i need to discard it like she said or Do I need to hire a lawyer to deal with it?

Why it happen to me?

Do you have experience like this before and how do you deal with it?

Thank you so much and Have a good weekends

I am newbie here. I closed my account on Sep20,2011 and my balanced was ZERO.(I did not own thier money and I paid on time.)

Today, I got settlement letter form Discovery and I call Discovery center, and asked them and they said "you just discard it".

My question is

Do i need to discard it like she said or Do I need to hire a lawyer to deal with it?

Why it happen to me?

Do you have experience like this before and how do you deal with it?

Thank you so much and Have a good weekends

It could be a simple mistake. No reason to hire a lawyer right now.

Check your credit report to see what they are reporting. If everything is ok, just hold on to the notice, write down the date you contacted Discover, and what you were told. If you get another notice, you might want to send them a letter by certified mail.

Do I need to hire a lawyer to deal with it?

Yes, hiring an atty with a two thousand dollar retainer, and $250.00/hr would be wise for this situation.

Why it happen to me?

Because sometimes bad things happen to good people.

I closed a bank account. Three months later I got a letter saying the bank did an audit and they found out that I owed $57 dollars. And this $57 dollar payment would close my account. I kept the letter and a copy of the money order i sent to them. Good thing, because 8 months later I got another letter, saying another audit found I owed $250. I filed a complaint with my state's attorney general(sent copies of everything).....The AG made it go away. Next letter from this bank said I was paid-up...account moved from the negative side of my CR to the positive side.