UPDATE

brttwill

Hi everyone...I wanted to update my case but first off I want again thank all the ones who help on this site, you all are amazing.

So here's my update.....In a nutshell, I am being sued by LVNV and their bottomfeeder attorneys. With the help of this forum and the wonderful people in it, I correctly answered summons, sent them discovery ( which they responded to with no evidence ) , answered their interrogatories and production of documents and then played the waiting game. Court date was set for Dec. 2011. They asked for a continuance and got it which I knew they would. Then the waiting game again. Then i received a settlement offer from them for half ( yea right they can KMA ) and the next day I received another letter from them asking for another continuance saying discovery is still in process. So...the waiting game again *sigh* I am assuming they keep doing this because they have no evidence obviously and to drive me nuts. :) I am actually looking forward to court. After taking everyones advice and several deep breaths, I am not scared now but madder then hell and I have been to court to get a feel for it.

So I am wondering if I should petition the court to deny their request for another continuance and ask for a dismissal...wouldnt hurt anything.

If the 2nd continuance has not been granted, I would file a opposition to the motion for continuance on the grounds that they have had more than enough time to gather the evidence. They are doing this in hopes that either you will fold or the OC will give them the evidence they need to win. You need to tell them that it is now time to put up or shut up.