Does validation start over with a new DC?

validationnoob

Something kind of strange happened. There is a small old debt, only a couple of hundred dollars. I already went through validation process with a DC, and sent them a PFD offer for more than 50%. Never heard back from them.

Yesterday received a letter from a different DC trying to collect on the same debt. I assume this means debt validation starts over, and I should request validation from the new DC first, before doing anything. If they can validate, as old DC did, then I can proceed sending them the same PFD settlement offer. Is this right?

The part that seems strange is, I doubt this new DC bought the debt for more than my last PFD offer amount. It's pennies on the dollar, right? The amount I offered in the settlement was about 57 cents on the dollar.

Something kind of strange happened. There is a small old debt, only a couple of hundred dollars. I already went through validation process with a DC, and sent them a PFD offer for more than 50%. Never heard back from them.

Yesterday received a letter from a different DC trying to collect on the same debt. I assume this means debt validation starts over, and I should request validation from the new DC first, before doing anything. If they can validate, as old DC did, then I can proceed sending them the same PFD settlement offer. Is this right?

The part that seems strange is, I doubt this new DC bought the debt for more than my last PFD offer amount. It's pennies on the dollar, right? The amount I offered in the settlement was about 57 cents on the dollar.

You have to remember they're not smart. They are dealing w/ hundreds/thousands of debts to collect. So when they sold your account to a new DC it was w/ hundreds of others that went w/ yours.

So this just happened to me. Mine is a new atty office trying to collect. So yes I sent them a DV letter over a mth ago.

If it's past your states SOL I would tell them to forget it, they can try and take you to court but you cans use the SOL as a defense. You will need to do this everytime you get a new dunning letter from a new JDB. It will only stay on your CR for seven and a half years and then it falls off.