Same debt sold and assigned?

allthingslucky

Hi, I'm new here and trying to figure out as much as I can without posting every single question I have. Anyway, I was reading about DV about debt being assigned or sold and what you need to do for either of them. Well, I was reading one of the letters I have from a DC and it says that "Your account referenced above has been sold and assigned by the original creditor to xyz." The letter isn't from the original creditor or the assigned creditor, its from a law office. My question is can a debt be both sold and assigned? I thought it was one or the other. :confused:

It was sold AND assigned. Not one or the other. My partner and I were both on the apartment lease and obviously, we both broke it. We both have the debt on our credit reports but from some reason we only sent out a DV letter for her. My letter said that the debt had been sold AND assigned to the law office. The DV letter she got back said "As you are aware, this office represents concord managment, LTD., the current owner of the above reference account." I'm just trying to figure out if we owe them or someone else. The also included deposit disposition of the break down of the fees, but it only has the managers signature on it, mine and DP's are not on it and a copy of our lease, which after reading several times it doesn't say anything about who to pay in the event of collections. I'm completely stumped.

It was sold AND assigned. Not one or the other. My partner and I were both on the apartment lease and obviously, we both broke it. We both have the debt on our credit reports but from some reason we only sent out a DV letter for her. My letter said that the debt had been sold AND assigned to the law office. The DV letter she got back said "As you are aware, this office represents concord managment, LTD., the current owner of the above reference account." I'm just trying to figure out if we owe them or someone else. The also included deposit disposition of the break down of the fees, but it only has the managers signature on it, mine and DP's are not on it and a copy of our lease, which after reading several times it doesn't say anything about who to pay in the event of collections. I'm completely stumped.

"Sold and assigned" could possibly mean the debt was sold to Concord, and they assigned it to the law firm for collection purposes.