What do I do now?

rpmp1120

I disputed a credit card from August 2008 that says transferred sold to another lender. Now it says updated Scheduled to be removed from credit report in 2014.

Do they have to remove it from my credit report if they don't own it anymore?

The CA that bought it is also reporting it for $500 more and says date opened November 2009 I disputed it and now it says updated scheduled to be removed in 2015.

I call the OC and they have no records of my account!

What should I do now?

Thank you guys so much for nay help!!

The reason the JDB is reporting a higher amount is because they are allowed to add interest to the debt. You can go ahead and dispute in order for your CR to show that the debt is disputed, but the JDB will more than likely verify.

If they verify, there's no easy way to get them off your CR. They are not required to remove the entry if you pay it. You could request proof of ownership in order for them to prove they have the right to report, but they don't actually have to provide that information unless you're willing to take them to court. Unfortunately, there's no quick fix.

The reason the JDB is reporting a higher amount is because they are allowed to add interest to the debt. You can go ahead and dispute in order for your CR to show that the debt is disputed, but the JDB will more than likely verify.

If they verify, there's no easy way to get them off your CR. They are not required to remove the entry if you pay it. You could request proof of ownership in order for them to prove they have the right to report, but they don't actually have to provide that information unless you get an attorney involved or you're willing to take them to court. Unfortunately, there's no quick fix.