How can we tell if an account was sold off?

I posted this elsewhere but maybe if there is someone with expertise that can help me!

Private Education Loan through chase. Not sure if it was certified or not, but they sent the check straight to me and not the school for $22k.

Years later, I failed to pay the loan and now it was charged off. It is now in the offices of ACI and they offered to settle for about 13%.

It says on the agreement that Creditor is Chase, Original Creditor Chase.

ACI accepts $xxx to settle this account and blah blah.

On my credit report it is listed as Charged off but with a balance of $0.

--- Was this account sold or still in procession with Chase?

I think I'm ready to settle but I want to make sure that everything will be squashed fairly and I'm not being screwed to the wall. lol.

I posted this elsewhere but maybe if there is someone with expertise that can help me!

Private Education Loan through chase. Not sure if it was certified or not, but they sent the check straight to me and not the school for $22k.

Years later, I failed to pay the loan and now it was charged off. It is now in the offices of ACI and they offered to settle for about 13%.

It says on the agreement that Creditor is Chase, Original Creditor Chase.

ACI accepts $xxx to settle this account and blah blah.

On my credit report it is listed as Charged off but with a balance of $0.

--- Was this account sold or still in procession with Chase?

I think I'm ready to settle but I want to make sure that everything will be squashed fairly and I'm not being screwed to the wall. lol.

Chase's entry should also state "sold/transferred" or "transferred to another lender"...something like that. But since it's charged off with a -0- balance, it appears to have been sold.