katrina1231

SOL are way up...how to respond

I received a letter today from a collection agency regarding a debt that has been out of SOL for years - I would say the debt is at least 10 years old - and is not on my CR or anything. How do I respond to this? Do I DV or just tell them to beat it?

I would inform them that it is SOL and to pound sand. Must be RJM collections, they are good at that.

Under "Sample letters" above in blue...there is a sample letter to send to CA when they try to report a "zombie" account to the CRA. I used parts of it when I received a collection letter on an old accout that had dropped off my CR. They stopped bugging me after that.

Edited by tx3amigos

Account XXXXXXX

To Whom It May Concern:

In regard to the above referenced account, do not ever contact me again.

Sincerely,

BV80

Account XXXXXXX

To Whom It May Concern:

In regard to the above referenced account, do not ever contact me again.

Sincerely,

BV80

I disagree with you on this one my friend. You're usually pretty dead on with your advice but you blew it on this one. Sincerely is not required !! :D

Yes, this is all that is needed. Unless you want to attempt at goading them into suing you, which some (I could never guess who xheadscratchx) on this board would make an attempt at trying.

Sincerely is not required !!

You know, I had thought about deleting it. :)

Unless you want to attempt at goading them into suing you, which some (I could never guess who ) on this board would make an attempt at trying.

Hmmm...let me think...xheadscratchx.....:ROFLMAO2:

Edited by BV80

Let me modify the letter so that the sincerely makes more sense:

Account XXXXXXX

To Whom It May Concern:

In regard to the above referenced account, do not ever contact me again. You may also go straight to hell.

Sincerely,

BV80

Let me modify the letter so that the sincerely makes more sense:

Account XXXXXXX

To Whom It May Concern:

In regard to the above referenced account, do not ever contact me again. You may also go straight to hell.

Sincerely,

BV80

:ROFLMAO2:

I'm not sure I could do that. My mother was a good Southern Baptist. If I wrote that, when I die, she will meet me at the Pearly Gates and chase me around Heaven with a broomstick! :ROFLMAO2:

Thanks for the laugh, Usagi! :D