What to do about Midland? Pls

MikaM

Ok... well how do I start, well firstly thank you to whoever answers... I greatly appreciated it,

Last friday I decided to get a copy of my credit report from TransUnion, Experian, and Equifax and noticed Midland was reporting on a debt that they had "apparently" bought from the OC "Chase"

When the amount was with chase my last payment was dated 3/13/2009 the account was orginally opened back in 06 and closed 11/27/09

They Chase account is of course on my credit report and labeled as Charged off.

The Midland entry under original creditor states "Chase Bank USA N A" so thats how Im assuming they purchased my chase debt.

I've been researching alot since this discovery to find out my options and what I could do to fix it.. I am also in the process of cleaning up a couple of other mistakes as well.

I read that the first proper step is to send them a DV letter. So I send one via certified with return receipt on Jan 25, 2012 and they received it Jan 26, 2012 @ 8:52 AM .

But guess what.. they very next day after work some shady looking guy came to my front door asking for me... I wasnt home at the time but my room mate confirmed that he was trying to serve me papers... he didnt say who he was nor who he was representing.. Im pretty sure he'll be back tomorrow.

But what Im confused about is why now out of the blue? are they even allowed to do that? I havent received anything in the past stating that they had purchased the debt nor any type of collection notice.. I've been at my current residence for almost two years now.. why havent they sent me anything before this?

Like I said ANY help is greatly appreciated.. Im owning up to what I have did in the past by fixing these credit cards. I've been stressing so much lately. Thanks alot

Ok so I check the online case search for my county and low and behold.. it looks like they filed on the 11th of January 2012 and there is a case number according to the Superior Court of California- Country of San Diego. So is my next step to accept whatever documents they serve me?

Looks like you need to file an answer after you get a copy of the complaint from the server tomorrow.

I would post this question in "legal Issues" Section Under "Is there a lawyer in the house" they will help you w/ your next step & make sure you were seved the proper paperwork & how to respond to their complaint.

FYI, I won in court against Midland Funding. They're beatable. You just need to make sure you file the right paperwork at the right time. Hope I was able to help. :)