Website that May help the Disabled & Senior Citizens with debt

chiquita55, thanks,

Unfortunately, whenever I read something that has a price tag on it. it loses any sort of interest. To someone who is disabled or on any other sort of fixed income, $20 a month is that much less that's available for food.

<<The cost to enroll in HELPS is only a one time only enrollment fee of $250, and then $20 per month maintenance fee, if fewer than ten creditors,or $30 per month, if more than ten creditors. No hidden costs. Full refund if not completely satisfied within four months!>> Stop Senior Debt Collector Harassment

some seniors may find this of help. If not they can come here for help. I am thinking of making a flyer for helping.

It is a worthy pursuit and I happen to know similar legal pre payed services sometimes do not get the debtor/consumer stuff so it would be better I think in the long run.

If seniors are already paying the bills to creditors then this might free up some cash for them.

I didn't realize it costs money. I didn't read it very closely but it was posted on a forum I run for problems collecting disability from SSA if you are disabled. It may help some people that have some assets and things creditors could take. It may be well worth it to them to to put out this small amount. For me it would be impossible. I am more in your shoes. Wouldn't be able to pay that but maybe they would help you anyway. You never know.

Edited by chiquita55

This was on the site: We never turn down a senior that qualifies. We are here to share the burden. These seniors now have a place to go for help."

--------------------------------------------

I am not recommending the place but it is something to look into if creditors are threatening you or harrassing you and you have some assets. Also, it looks like for 20 a month, which may be worth it for many people, you could have this law firm 'represent you' and creditors could not call you or harrass you as it is against the law if you have an attorney representing you for BK etc even tho you may never file, once a lawyer contacts them they have to stop harrassing or calling you. $20 is quite cheap to have a lawyer write a letter stating he is representing you to creditors. Thats why it cost a little more if you have more than 10 people after you.

some seniors may find this of help. If not they can come here for help. I am thinking of making a flyer for helping.

It is a worthy pursuit and I happen to know similar legal pre payed services sometimes do not get the debtor/consumer stuff so it would be better I think in the long run.

If seniors are already paying the bills to creditors then this might free up some cash for them.

SeaDragon,

THAT IS FANTASTIC!!!

I would be willing to help you any way I can. Could spend a couple nights a week helping and working on projects you need assistance with.

HP