Just getting started vs Midland

Meli

I'm being suid by Midland Funding in CA for breach of contract and account stated.

A few questions -

1) Do I have a decent chance at winning this?

2) How can I tell on the complaint if it has been verified?

3) Can someone send me a link to the forms needed to file my answer and to serve the attorney with the answer?

Thank you for your help!

Since you are in California, you have a pretty good chance of winning...several other board members have beaten Midland in the last couple of months...

The form to answer is the PLD-010. You can find it on the CA Judicial Council website.

As far as the complaint being verified, there's a good chance it is not verified. I've never seen a verified complaint filed by Midland.

A complaint is considered verified if, at the end of the complaint, the plaintiff swears under penalty of perjury that everything is true and correct.

PLD-C-010 is the contract answer. If the above is true you need PLD-050.

You can find info for answering a Suit at the Sacramento Public Law Library Web Site:

Responding to a Lawsuit

Midland is usually very easy to beat and in some cases get them to pay you for the trouble.