Bank of Amer. Judgement, debt settled with attorneys, still NEG on CR

RTTech11

Hello forum, I'm here seeking help to see if I can fix this issue I have.

Here's my story:

I'm from Miami, FL and Bank of America filed a judgement against me back in 2010 for a CC debt I had with them for almost $4k. They hired a collection agency(CACH?) which in turn hired a law firm down here to garnish my wages. I ended settleing with the law firm for only $1,600 and was even given paper work to send to the CBs from such attys where it was stated that such stellement agreement would satisfy the debt I had with BA. Well, it's two years later and my judegement still shows on all 3 CRs, the debt is still reported by BA and even CACH is reporting me NEG on the CRs even after having sent all attys signed agreement to all 3 CRs. Can anyone point me in the right direction on what to do? I've already hired a credit management company, and was able to remove many of the NEGs I had, but the judgement remains and is really hurting my CS. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Edited by RTTech11

Guest usctrojanalum

do you have a document called a satisfaction of judgment? that document is what the CRA's are going to want to see to update their records.

do you have a document called a satisfaction of judgment? that document is what the CRA's are going to want to see to update their records.[/QUOTE]

Usctrojanalum is right. To see if you have a recorded SATISFACTION do the following:

Go to the public records section of your county (Miami-Dade) and pull up all the records under your name. This can be done online. You should see a Satisfaction of Judgement recorded. If you don't, then you need to contact the judgement holder and have them send you the original signed Satisfaction so you can record it.

If they don't have a Satisfaction on record for you, then you know your deal with the creditor was not honored. First, try to get them to keep their deal. If they don't, then you will need to work out a new deal but this time, get it in writing.