OC and CA negative tradelines... who to contact for Pay For Delete to remove both?

obsoleet

I have received great help in this forum regarding a lawsuit Cap1 brought on me by surprise and thought I might ask for your assistance once again.

I have read quite a bit regarding "pay for delete" on this site but one question still lingers....

I have an HSBC account that is negative CHARGED OFF and a CA also reporting this in collections.... if I wanted to offer a "Pay for Delete" Settlement to both negative tradelines... who do I contact? The CA or the OC?

I have received great help in this forum regarding a lawsuit Cap1 brought on me by surprise and thought I might ask for your assistance once again.

I have read quite a bit regarding "pay for delete" on this site but one question still lingers....

I have an HSBC account that is negative CHARGED OFF and a CA also reporting this in collections.... if I wanted to offer a "Pay for Delete" Settlement to both negative tradelines... who do I contact? The CA or the OC?

Each entity is responsible for their own TLs. One can't tell the other what to do.

Each entity is responsible for their own TLs. One can't tell the other what to do.
Not sure that's entirely correct.

First off, DO NOT pay the CA.

If the OC stills owns the debt (Charge off doesn't mean they've sold it), you can call them and perhaps make pay for delete arrangements, although you'll probably have to pay in full. Once you've paid the OC, the CA no longer has any reason to be on your reports.

If the debt has been sold, the OC's TL will say "sold to another lender" and there balance will be $0...nothing you can really do about that. The other TL would then be a JDB, rather than a CA. They may be willing tp PFD, but I personally, would never pay a JDB anything unless ordered by a court.

Not sure that's entirely correct.

First off, DO NOT pay the CA.

If the OC stills owns the debt (Charge off doesn't mean they've sold it), you can call them and perhaps make pay for delete arrangements, although you'll probably have to pay in full. Once you've paid the OC, the CA no longer has any reason to be on your reports.

If the debt has been sold, the OC's TL will say "sold to another lender" and there balance will be $0...nothing you can really do about that. The other TL would then be a JDB, rather than a CA. They may be willing tp PFD, but I personally, would never pay a JDB anything unless ordered by a court.

I agree that, once the debt is paid, the CA doesn't have a reason to be on the CR, but if they're reporting accurately and can verify they were collecting for the OC, what would force them to remove their TL?

I agree that, once the debt is paid, the CA doesn't have a reason to be on the CR, but if they're reporting accurately and can verify they were collecting for the OC, what would force them to remove their TL?
I think we're probably dancing around the same point. Paying the CA (or JDB) will not make the OC remove their TL. Not paying anybody will not make either remove their TL. Your only real hope is to pay the OC...