State lawsuit for child support

Mods not sure if this thread is in the right forum or not, if not please advise.

So I have a situation, VERY COMPLICATED, and too long to go into massive details, but I can provide more info if needed. Not even sure what my question is but here it goes:

My husband, and father of my beautiful little girl, is a deadbeat. There was (and maybe still is) an addiction problem (pills and or heroin) and at this time he is living in california but he is employed and I know making about three times as much money/month as I am.

We have been separated for about 2 1/2 years now. My child and I are living in Oklahoma. I am working full time and also living on some state aid (foodstamps) so the DHS case worker had asked me if I had ever sued for child support, I said no.

I ended up filing with the state of OK DHS for them to pursue child support. This guy is giving them the run around, there is a hearing scheduled for the end of this month and as of right now he has not been served the papers.

I spoke with him on the phone, he will not give me his address and is telling me that his employer is not filing 1099s anymore and that there is no way to track his income.

Just curious if there is anyway that I can find out more info on this. Is this legal? What about the IRS....is there a way to get them involved or is that just not a smart move?! I know the state agency is suppose to find all this but I think we all know how slowly (and incompentent) these agencies can be.

I am planning on being at the hearing, is this something that I can tell the judge? Just not sure what can be done on my part at this time, but I could sure use the help raising this little girl.

So if anyone has any experiences they'd like to share or advice or suggestions, I am all ears!

I found it ironic that I am being sued by two JDBs and now I am going through yet another lawsuit on my "baby daddy". who'd a thunk it?

I spoke with him on the phone

Got caller ID? A few bucks to a good skip tracer ought to produce an address. Or, just give the number to the state agency and let them find him. You can also go to Intelius on the net, for a few dollars you can get a reverse trace. As for the 1099 thing, does he now work under the table? That would be illegal. If he works on the books you can have his wages garnished. There are no exemptions for child support in most states, so even social security can be grabbed. In some cases, people can be arrested for child support nonpayment, check into that as well.

Oklahoma's U.S. Congressional Delegation/109th Congress

You might even call these guys for help. I don't know what district you are in, but Lankford is a pretty good guy. Imhof, too. In some cases you can get them to make a call to the local DHS office on your behalf, which will speed things up.

I spoke with him on the phone

Got caller ID? A few bucks to a good skip tracer ought to produce an address. Or, just give the number to the state agency and let them find him. You can also go to Intelius on the net, for a few dollars you can get a reverse trace. As for the 1099 thing, does he now work under the table? That would be illegal. If he works on the books you can have his wages garnished. There are no exemptions for child support in most states, so even social security can be grabbed. In some cases, people can be arrested for child support nonpayment, check into that as well.

Oklahoma's U.S. Congressional Delegation/109th Congress

You might even call these guys for help. I don't know what district you are in, but Lankford is a pretty good guy. Imhof, too. In some cases you can get them to make a call to the local DHS office on your behalf, which will speed things up.

I have caller ID but he is calling from a cell phone, does this make a difference? But you did give me some ideas, that I will start to research via internet.

As for the 1099 thing, the way he made it sound was as if he is working under the table, which I am pretty sure is illegal, just not sure what to do with this info, plus he is normally lying, so that could just be a scare/manipulate tactic as well.

I gave the DHS case worker his work address and information, ie, work schedule, typical set up, how to find him there etc, I also sent them 8 full size pictures of him with glasses, with goatee etc...and they still claim they haven't been able to serve him. I use to work where he is working and I know the people there could easily cover for him, help him hide out and such....

There is a hearing near the end of the month, hopefully I will be able to tell the judge some of this stuff, and who knows how they'll proceed from here, but I might have to look into the other method you've mentioned.

Thank you Legaleagle.

I don't have any kids (that I know of) but I know plenty of people that do. Unfortuanley, I know a few of them that got behind on child support.

All I can say is, at least in Arkansas, if child support enforcement would have been the ones looking for Osma Bin Laden, they would have found him 9 years sooner than he was found.

I don't have any kids (that I know of) but I know plenty of people that do. Unfortuanley, I know a few of them that got behind on child support.

All I can say is, at least in Arkansas, if child support enforcement would have been the ones looking for Osma Bin Laden, they would have found him 9 years sooner than he was found.

:ROFLMAO2:

Funny Coltfan!

Well this guy has never helped raise his kiddo, even when we lived together married, and certainly not now. I think the biggest problem right now is the state line thing, Oklahoma DHS trying to find someone in California, who doesn't want to be found....

I don't have any kids

Good grief, the JDB profession will be throwing a party when they read this. Like W.C. Fields said to this question....."do you like children?" He took a swig from his drink and said "yes, if they're properly cooked." My wife always tells me I'm lucky I never had kids. I tell her no, they're lucky they didn't have me!

Back to the poster, I don't know why a cell phone number couldn't be traced. Unless it's some precharged phone you buy in a drug store. The number should be somewhat traceable, I should think. other than hiring a PI, which is expensive, I suggest contacting your congressmen, federal and state. They wrote all these laws, it's their job to help you navigate them.

If his employer is helping him evade service and facilitating avoiding paying his child support, then you have a duty to turn them into the IRS for tax fraud. When you do report it do not explain your situation or anything, just approach it as a concerned citizen reporting on something you became aware of.