OC and JDB not updating TL.

An OC sold an account of mine to a JDB. The JDB dunned me and I sent for DV. The JDB never returned dv nor did they contact me again.

That was a couple of years ago. I recently looked at my cr and found that the JDB never reported their own tl. The OC's tl was still listed but it had never been updated since the OC sold the debt to the JDB.

My thoughts are that I should do a 623 dispute with all of the Big 3 and see if someone will verify the debt. According to the last update which is nearly 2 years old, the OC still owned the debt but the tl is listed as "purchased by another lender" and the account balance is "0".

Who would the CRA's contact about my dispute?

An OC sold an account of mine to a JDB. The JDB dunned me and I sent for DV. The JDB never returned dv nor did they contact me again.

That was a couple of years ago. I recently looked at my cr and found that the JDB never reported their own tl. The OC's tl was still listed but it had never been updated since the OC sold the debt to the JDB.

My thoughts are that I should do a 623 dispute with all of the Big 3 and see if someone will verify the debt. According to the last update which is nearly 2 years old, the OC still owned the debt but the tl is listed as "purchased by another lender" and the account balance is "0".

Who would the CRA's contact about my dispute?

Since the OC has sold the debt, they can't update anymore, because, by selling it, they don't own it. Reporting a -0- balance and "purchased by another lender" is correct.

If the JDB is not reporting, that's good. That's one less TL you have to keep up with.

Yea, this situation is a plus for me. I thought the same as you, that the OC was out of the picture.

I'd like to get the OC's tl removed. If the OC does not own the account anymore, then would not disputing the OC's tl cause it to be deleted? How could they verify an account they no longer own? Or, could they verify the account as they last reported?

Yea, this situation is a plus for me. I thought the same as you, that the OC was out of the picture.

I'd like to get the OC's tl removed. If the OC does not own the account anymore, then would not disputing the OC's tl cause it to be deleted? How could they verify an account they no longer own? Or, could they verify the account as they last reported?

An OC can verify that you once had an account with them. It doesn't matter that they don't own it anymore. Also, since they don't own the account and can't update, it would questionable as to whether they would have the power to remove the entry. That could very well be up to the CRAs. Since the OC did report the account, the CRAs are required to be accurate, and that account is part of your credit history.

It wouldn't hurt to dispute, because the OC may not want to fool with it. But what would be your reason for the dispute?

because the OC may not want to fool with it.

For this reason. If the OC doesn't want to take the time to update then they may not want to verify. What would be the point? They don't own the debt.

I doubt if the JDB would even notice as they didn't even start their own tl. They never even made an inquiry. They dunned me, I requested dv, and they went away. I would dispute that the debt is not mine as I asked for dv and none was given. I don't think anyone cares.