Where's the sticky about TX Law

lostone

I know there used to be a sticky on Tx law, particularly a method of disputing by sending a letter to ca and one to bonding company but you had to do one first and then the other. I did a search using "Texas" to search in titles but have not found it. Any information is appreciated. Thank you.:D

I don't recall there ever being a sticky, but here are two relevant pieces of Texas law:

FINANCE CODE  CHAPTER 392. DEBT COLLECTION

Texas finance code chapter 392, aka the Texas Debt Collection Practices Act

BUSINESS AND COMMERCE CODE  CHAPTER 20. REGULATION OF CONSUMER CREDIT REPORTING AGENCIES

Texas business and commerce code chapter 20, Texas' version of the FCRA

Thanx JT, I could've sworn there was one. Might have been somewhere else. I've already used or cited the laws you mention in my letters which I did send crrm. The basic concept, if I remember correctly, was that you would send a letter to ca and down at bottom of letter you would Cc the bonding company to their "Products Claim Division", so that ca would know that their bonding company was also receiving the same letter they were.