Initial steps to file a response to a JDB lawsuit in CA

Meli

I messed up my other thread by listing the wrong form numbers - sorry if this is repeated.

I want to confirm what I need to do to file my response here in CA. Is this the correct order that I should follow:

1) File a response at the court - PLD-050 for general denial (I'm stating lack of standing to sue as my affirmative defense).

2) Have someone else send a copy of the complaint to the attorney's office.

3) Go back to the court with the Proof of Service - POS-030 and POS-030D and POS-030P (what do I list as the title???).

Or do I send the denial to the attorney first and then fill out the POS before I go to the court to file the PLD-050 general denial?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you all!

Edited by Meli

Does anyone know what I should list as "title" at the top of POS-030D and POS-030P?

These attachments are used with POS-030 and are called:

POS-030D - Attachment to Proof of service by first class mail - civil (documents served)

POS-030P - Attachment to Proof of Service by first class mail - civil (persons served)

Why do you have to send 3 different proof of service? I must have sent a couple dozen or more documents to the plaintiff's attorney and filed many documents with the court and never filed 3 POS forms to the court. I only filed 1 form and on the form I listed what I was filing. They give you an area to list what you are sending to the Plaintiff. You can add an attachment page if need be but just more work as far as I am concerned. Certainly not needed to file the answer with the court and mail a copy to the plaintiff.

Thank you Chiquita55!

I read the instructions more closely and found that I only use the attachment if I run out of space or if I sent the documents to more than 1 person. I need to slow down and stop panicking.

Thanks for your patience!

I hope to file my response tomorrow - wish me luck :)

I used plain white paper I believe but put the court information and my information at the top left and on the right side the same thing as the answer to your lawsuit but instead of answer I put Bill of Particulars and all the other information you should have done for your answer. The court room, date etc etc.