Total NoowBe Question

I have read hundreds of post on this forum, but I have not found a defenative answer. So here goes, Mods slap me down if I am out of line.

So, I disputed a Debt with Experian that has past SOL, 5 year old Medical Debt that is being reported. It came back verified. Well of course it did, they cheked the 2 digit code they have with the two digit code the CA Put in in the first place. Ok, so I call Experian, and I say, I need MOV, she says OK, what do you need, I said the name of the person you contacted and the documentation provided to verify the debt, she says "Oh, we don't do that, it is all electronic" So the CA can furnish the CRA's anything, because they can verify it on thier own system? There seems to be an inherent conflict of interest going on here.

I am sending a MOV letter to them but I suspect that the will just send back the same ole form letter.

There are so many things wrong here, If there is an Attorney that would take this case based on the premis that I don't want any money from the suit, he can have it all, I would so sue all 3 of them......

Anyway, what is my next step? The CA has not responded to my DV letters or my Followup letters (I have the green cards) but since they are more than 30 days old, do they really have to? I have tried pay for delete, tried making arrangements with the OC, which says they cannot communicate with me because of the contract with the CA. 1 stinking collection left and I can't make them budge, and it is an old SOL Debt.!

The CA has not responded to my DV letters or my Followup letters (I have the green cards) but since they are more than 30 days old, do they really have to?

If you meant that you sent the DV letter after the first 30 days of receiving the collection letters, then no. They don't have to respond.

You stated the debt is outside the SOL. The SOL for collection and the SOL for reporting are 2 different SOLs. The SOL for reporting is 7.5 years. Just because a debt might be outside the SOL for collecting doesn't mean it can't still be reported.

the missed that chance for sueing me 2 years ago, I know they can report for 7.5 years, but dang them all, I offered to pay the bill, while explicitly demanding that it was not mine, but I would make a good faith gesture to have them remove it from my credit. Makes no sense to me, 3 years the reporting has to stop, the CA and the OC make nothing, the SOL is gone, so no legal recourse, all they can do is report...They could have gotten paid. Is it just being stubborn or stupid?

the missed that chance for sueing me 2 years ago, I know they can report for 7.5 years, but dang them all, I offered to pay the bill, while explicitly demanding that it was not mine, but I would make a good faith gesture to have them remove it from my credit. Makes no sense to me, 3 years the reporting has to stop, the CA and the OC make nothing, the SOL is gone, so no legal recourse, all they can do is report...They could have gotten paid. Is it just being stubborn or stupid?

The FCRA requires accurate reporting if a furnisher chooses to report in the first place. I don't know if they sign something with the CRAs when they first start reporting or not. If they do, perhaps that's why they must keep updating.

this is a 715$ medical bill that isn't even mine. Apparently in Arkansas, if your wife has a proceedure, and the bill isn't paid the spouse automatically becomes liable for it. I was in the US Army, had tri-care no deductible coverd 100% of everything, but the stupid Dr couldn't figure out how to file the insurance right so they kept kicking it back. Egads! I mean come on it is just 715 bucks I would just give them my credit card umber over the phone right now to square it, but they just won't deal

The FCRA requires accurate reporting if a furnisher chooses to report in the first place. I don't know if they sign something with the CRAs when they first start reporting or not. If they do, perhaps that's why they must keep updating.

That is an interesting thought, however, looking at the history on the account, they were silent for 2 years, nd until I started pokin at em. now they are reporting KD again. But, I have removed 33 items from my credit reports since 01/04/2012 I am not going to let a little thing like a collection agency get in the way of my 700...

this is a 715$ medical bill that isn't even mine. Apparently in Arkansas, if your wife has a proceedure, and the bill isn't paid the spouse automatically becomes liable for it. I was in the US Army, had tri-care no deductible coverd 100% of everything, but the stupid Dr couldn't figure out how to file the insurance right so they kept kicking it back. Egads! I mean come on it is just 715 bucks I would just give them my credit card umber over the phone right now to square it, but they just won't deal

Have you considered filing the TRICARE claim yourself? Not sure if that as any bearing on getting this off your report, but just thought I'd chime in.

Pickles

Oh, this is TriCare! Well the provider is SOL after 1 year if they do not get their act in gear, they MUST eat it. Funny thing about TriCare is that the terms and conditions of your insurance are not in some contract between TriCare and the provider, but rather enumerated in the National Defense Act Title 32.

Contact your locate TriCare DCAO (Debt Collection Assistance Officer) by searching here:

BCAC/DCAO

My daughter recently had a CA come after her for a 7 year old bill. She called DCAO, signed a power of attorney for DCAO to handle the case, 48 hours later Provider was on the phone with her requesting she drop the complaint and they would write everything off, give her a written release and order CA to expunge there records.

The big club TriCare has is an audit. When the DOD IG starts an audit it is of all TriCare/MediCare/MedicAID billing practices.

KentWA has your back. For specific law in Arkansa if this doesn't go away, see Coltfan1972's posts. He's your resident expert. Me, I like to inject a little levity. I have a good joke about Pickles. If I tell it, I may be banned! It really isn't that bad, but I need permission from Nascar. No profanity, just a little suggestive content.

KentWA has your back. For specific law in Arkansa if this doesn't go away, see Coltfan1972's posts. He's your resident expert. Me, I like to inject a little levity. I have a good joke about Pickles. If I tell it, I may be banned! It really isn't that bad, but I need permission from Nascar. No profanity, just a little suggestive content.

You can send me that joke in a PM. I assure you I woon't be offended :p!