What a Joke, I went fishing for a couple of secured cards to get my credit score up a bit, found Cap1 and Merrick Bank. on 1/4 I applied for a Merrick bank card and sent them the application and a 300.00 check for the deposit on the card. Couple of weeks go by and I have heard nothing from them, I think that is odd, so I call them, they say your application is pending....I thought ok, they are going to have to run it thru some process for security and validation. I check the bank, the check clears on the 12th of January. I am still waiting for a yes or no...So I get kinda worried, 300.00 bucks won't break me but 300.00 is 300.00. so I call again, get the same ole it's pending, I say, I gotta talk to someone who can tell me why it is still pending. SIr, your card is still pending because we haven't recieved your deposit. WTF over? You cashed my check on the 12th. Prove it they say. Ok, here I go, I have to go to the bank and get the front and the back of the check copied and fax it over to them. Finished? No, now they say, we will have to open an investigation as to why the deposit was not credited to your account, how long will that take? I don't know, we will be in touch? Huh? I could have at least been earning .025 percent at the bank on that money. EGADS!

• 1 month later...

Just curious as if you ever got your card/account

What a Joke, I went fishing for a couple of secured cards to get my credit score up a bit, found Cap1 and Merrick Bank. on 1/4 I applied for a Merrick bank card and sent them the application and a 300.00 check for the deposit on the card. Couple of weeks go by and I have heard nothing from them, I think that is odd, so I call them, they say your application is pending....I thought ok, they are going to have to run it thru some process for security and validation. I check the bank, the check clears on the 12th of January. I am still waiting for a yes or no...So I get kinda worried, 300.00 bucks won't break me but 300.00 is 300.00. so I call again, get the same ole it's pending, I say, I gotta talk to someone who can tell me why it is still pending. SIr, your card is still pending because we haven't recieved your deposit. WTF over? You cashed my check on the 12th. Prove it they say. Ok, here I go, I have to go to the bank and get the front and the back of the check copied and fax it over to them. Finished? No, now they say, we will have to open an investigation as to why the deposit was not credited to your account, how long will that take? I don't know, we will be in touch? Huh? I could have at least been earning .025 percent at the bank on that money. EGADS!

• 1 year later...