Same account on CR twice

cajun_duck

On my cr there is a collection agency that has the same account listed twice. Under one listing they have who the OC was with the start of the account number. In the second listing all they have is the start of the account number but no OC listed. Both are for the same amount and I think having them both listed is hurting me even more. Do I send them a copy of these 2 pages when sending my letter? I am trying to clean all of this up. Do I ask them to remove one as part of my payoff submittal? I just did a search and see that it is a past friend of these forums. AFNI

Edited by cajun_duck

I'm quite sure. This is how its listed:

AFNI, INC. CINGULAR-11111XXXX

AFNI, IN. 111111XXXX

I just saw that I overlooked one saying it is a charge-off.

They're not supposed to be reporting it twice. It could also be a mistake on the part of the credit reporting agency.

If you're paying it, ask AFNI to remove both. It couldn't hurt to request it. If they don't agree, then tell them they can't report the same account twice, and ask them what they intend to do about it.