Is a vacated Judgment. case handled by stipulation good?

DroidHead25

Hello to all, I'm new to the community and wanted to say that I'm happy I found this forum because I'm in the process of gaining financial freedom again but the process is a bit confusing. And that's why I'm here!

In September of last year I went to court to try and vacate a judgment that was put on me years back when I was younger. I tried to settle with the agency outside of court but they ended up sending me an order from the marshals Threatening to garnish my wages.

To make the long story short, I went to court with a representative from the agency and the outcome was Judgment vacated. The case was handled through stipulation.I wish I could have gone better prepared.

Now, I have a couple of questions regarding this. I know a vacated Judgment is a good thing, I know stipulation is a sort of agreement. What I want to know is, if this is suffice so the credit beauros can delete that Judgment. This questions came to my mind when I went back to the courthouse and asked the clerk if the case was shown as a vacated judgment on his system and he said it showed that it was settled. For one reason, I didn't go to court just to settle I went to court to they can give me what I need to have it deleted from my credit report.

I know I need to send a dispute letter and a copy of the outcome of the case so I can dispute to have it deleted, but I want to get it right the first time. Can someone give me the details I would put in the dispute letter as far as the best thing I can put to have it deleted, if not point me in the right direction or link or website that has a good sample letter. I found some sample letters online, but I feel as if they are not convincing enough to have something deleted from a credit file, I say this because I've also read that the credit beauros sometimes put up a fight or ignore the fact that you want an item deleted. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Did you sign something that says "Stipulated or Agreed" Judgement?

What did the attorney have you sign at the courthouse?

A stipulated judgement is not a vacated judgement. Do you have an order from the judge saying the judgement was vacated?

Did you sign something that says "Stipulated or Agreed" Judgement?

What did the attorney have you sign at the courthouse?

A stipulated judgement is not a vacated judgement. Do you have an order from the judge saying the judgement was vacated?

The Judge signed it as well and it was stamped. it was in front of the judge that it was agreed. It had two sentences, first sentence says Judgment vacated. The second line says the case was settled through stipulation.

I wud think that if the judgment wasnt fully vacated it wouldn't have mentioned it in the court papers, that would be misleading wouldn't it?