How Soon Will my Ch 13 be dismissed?

KathyInWI

Hello :)

I am currently in a Ch 13 (as some of you may have read previously; thanks for the replies)

How soon before its officially dismissed...I'm sitting here on pins and needles ready to do whatever is next...which would be; find a way to keep my car :mrgreen:

I have not paid the December, January or February payment as of yet...I am currently in the middle of a 9-month-doomsday period

How long, typically before my case is dismissed by the trustee??

Thanks

bankruptcy stays on for 10 years

This only applies to a Chapter 7 not a Chapter 13.:hmph:

Why did you stop paying on your Chapter 13?:confused: If you were not able to complete it, why didn't your bankruptcy attorney changed it to a Chapter 7?:roll:

Edited by thomassl

I stopped paying on my Chapter 13 under 'advice' from my paralegal (I haven't had an attorney since a few months after filing)...I think over the past three years I have received a lot of bad advice from this paralegal...my payments are way too high, and I have medical bills that have to be paid...she told me to stop paying and it would get dismissed quickly...not sure why they aren't/won't convert it to a Chapter 7...she/the paralegal never returns my phone calls or emails...

• 4 weeks later...