Equifax: Willful non compliance? Or just negligent?

In order to get my free annual credit report from Equifax, not only did I have to send information via USPS that I DO NOT like sending through the mail, but I had to crack the whip on them when they still didn't send. They wanted me to send sensitive information because the information that I provided did not match the information on their records. OK, I'm trying to get things done in a timely manner, so I jumped though that hoop.

Now, I send them a dispute, and they come back with the exact same "we don't believe you are who you say you are, send these sensitive documents that identity thieves love to have." In other words, I sent them hard proof once, and they didn't update the information to be correct. I still have everything that I sent them too.

So, what level of non-compliance do you think they are at? Because my next step is to write their cheif legal officer, Kent Mast, a nastygram.

They accept much less than that if you want to pull your report online. Especially if you are paying. What they're claiming is that the identifying information that I sent them doesn't match what they have on file. I've already been through this with them, received a copy of my credit report after sending some of that stuff listed in the link, and then they failed to correct their database regarding the incorrect information after they had what they requested. They're going to do the damned investigation or receive a summons and that's that. They're jerking me around is what this boils down to.