Stubborn Sum Beaches

crash5050

Ok, what do I do with the couple of Stubborn collection agencies that refuse to work with me. I have 3 charge offs that have been paid, and they refuse to remove them, mark them as just paid, or anything. The refuse to validate debt, they refuse to do anything. Granted, the debt validation period was over like 4 years ago, how can they prove 1st contact? Can I write a letter saying hey, I just got your letter and I want debt validation? I need to get trick with these folks. Can the OC make them remove the Items?

David

Ok, what do I do with the couple of Stubborn collection agencies that refuse to work with me. I have 3 charge offs that have been paid, and they refuse to remove them, mark them as just paid, or anything. The refuse to validate debt, they refuse to do anything. Granted, the debt validation period was over like 4 years ago, how can they prove 1st contact? Can I write a letter saying hey, I just got your letter and I want debt validation? I need to get trick with these folks. Can the OC make them remove the Items?

David

Your post is a little confusing. You stated "They refuse to remove them." Who refuses to remove an entry?

Who did you pay? The OC or the CAs?

Do the CAs have entries on your CR?

Are they trying to collect on accounts that have already been paid off?

Sorry, I was just off the phone with a CA trying to get them to remove an entry, or at least change it to paid as agreed or something other than charge off. I paid the CA's BEFORE finding this site. I thought, I would just do the right thing and all would be well. Yeah right. I have 0 open collectionas now and my score is still in the dummper because of those stinking charge offs. How can it be charged off if the bill has been paid? AARRGGH, I am just getting frustrated. Time to Start sueing everybody......Darn the Torpedos!

Sorry, I was just off the phone with a CA trying to get them to remove an entry, or at least change it to paid as agreed or something other than charge off. I paid the CA's BEFORE finding this site. I thought, I would just do the right thing and all would be well. Yeah right. I have 0 open collectionas now and my score is still in the dummper because of those stinking charge offs. How can it be charged off if the bill has been paid? AARRGGH, I am just getting frustrated. Time to Start sueing everybody......Darn the Torpedos!

Did the OCs charge off the accounts before or after you paid? If an account was charged off before you paid, paying doesn't change the charge off.

Check the OCs' entries. Do any of the OCs report that an account was "sold/transferred" or "transferred to another lender"...something along those lines?

Is more than one entity reporting the same account?

Did the OCs charge off the accounts before or after you paid? If an account was charged off before you paid, paying doesn't change the charge off.

Check the OCs' entries. Do any of the OCs report that an account was "sold/transferred" or "transferred to another lender"...something along those lines?

Is more than one entity reporting the same account?

Naw, they are just your regular run of the mill charge offs, the CA is reporting it, but only to trans union. It is a 2008 debt so it won't hurt me that bad. The darn Entergy account, they are the OC and they are saying charage off, and still reporting that I owe them 117 bucks. But I have paid it and I have a letter stating such. But those charge off's kill your score, I am just trying to figure out a way to get them to just remove them. Like I said trickery may be in order, send them dispute letters, and when they don't show as disputed on the TU report hit them with a FCRA violation or something like that.

David

Naw, they are just your regular run of the mill charge offs, the CA is reporting it, but only to trans union. It is a 2008 debt so it won't hurt me that bad. The darn Entergy account, they are the OC and they are saying charage off, and still reporting that I owe them 117 bucks. But I have paid it and I have a letter stating such. But those charge off's kill your score, I am just trying to figure out a way to get them to just remove them. Like I said trickery may be in order, send them dispute letters, and when they don't show as disputed on the TU report hit them with a FCRA violation or something like that.

David

It certainly doesn't hurt to dispute, but as long as they're reporting accurately, they don't have to remove the entries.

Regarding the OC who's still reporting the debt as unpaid, send them proof of your payment. In order to have a private right of action for an FCRA claim, you have to have dispute the debt first with the CRAs. If the OC first heard of the dispute on your CR from you, you lose the right to sue under the FCRA.

Ha Ha! I think I beat them.... I got a call from the Attorney General's office today... After Calling TriCare and explaining to them what dolts the Dr.'s office was, they looked up and found that they didn't even file the claim with TriCare. I asked the young lady at TriCare, Christi, if she would call the CA and explain to them the error in thier ways. The CA told me that the Dr's filing for me was a courtesey, the AG seemed to think that it wsa the law that the Dr file. The Attorney General's office concurred with Tricare and said I didn't owe the debt and that the CA had been reporting it on 3 CRA's for 4 years illegally. Let's see. 3 CRA's x 48 months = 144 violations, I don't think that will fit into small claims court.

Got emails today from all 3 reporting agencies, the TL has been removed. Hahahahahahahaha!!! my eq is now perfect, tu and ex have 2 each on them. Now it gets tough, these two won't budge. But I think I have one on Re-aging, 42 entries across all 3 CRA's in 38 days removed. Woo Hoo!