I really don't need 50 pop ups

I too, am tired of these popups, I always get two. One entering the forums and another when you select the particular forum you are interested in. Both involves that god-awful Lexington 'Law' firm. Hasn't that firm already been made to pay up on a class action suit? They ought to. Anybody can do a Much better job on their own than they could.

Anyway Dave, I work in information systems, more importantly I'm the antivirus spe******t. If you are getting more than one and from some other site than that shill lexington go Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware, anti-virus and spyware removal download and get the free home version. Update it and do a quick scan. PM me if you find something and I can direct you further.

You can also do an online scan with Eset Antivirus:

ESET :: Get a FREE Online Virus Scan

• 2 weeks later...

Depending on which system you are using, this might help:

When you get a popup you don't want, go the URL of it in the address bar above, highlight it, copy it by using Ctr. C.

Then, go to TOOLS/INTERNET OPTIONS/PRIVACY

Once there, select SITES. In the box do a CTR. V to paste your URL of the popup in the box. Then select BLOCK and then OK.

That should do it. You will have to follow these steps for every popup that you want to block.

On this site that may not work because of the way the popup is set. So, what you can do to help is while your in internet options, GO to SECURITY and slide the bar all the way to the top, or HIGH.

Then hit APPLY. What will happen then is you have your setting's set high and on this site you will get a box saying that it must redirect you, then hang up and spin. All you will need to do is click on the LINK below it to forcr the redirect. SMALL PRICE to pay to stop the popups.

Tom

Edited by TomnTex

• 1 month later...

Stay logged in and don't close the window. No more Lexington Law unless you log out and log in. However, somebody has to pay for the server space, etc. Kinda like commercials on AM radio. The thing that cracks me up is the fact that Chase advertises credit cards here. Are they serious?