Can a dispute affect Statute of Limitations?

brainded

I have a CC with the current status as "Charged off account" that is approaching my states SOL. If I dispute portions of the listing being accurate, such as credit limit or High Balance, can the SOL reset?

Check your state laws, but the answer should be no. In some states, a promise to pay will reset it, but most states require a payment to be made in order for the SOL to restart.

Why are you disputing it right now?

Long story short, I had to pull my reports to fight some bogus charges from power and cable companies after a foreclosure.. They kept sending me bills after I no longer owned the home..

So I'm picking through them the best I can now that I have a better understanding of the process.. I noticed that this account is being reported in different ways with different CRA's.. So I want to find out who is lying and get them to remove it. The general debt is mostly accurate, but the account numbers, limits and lates are all different.