Looking at court cases online..

gottago

Looking at cases online through the county website, but none of the answers contain answers or affirmative defenses. they also do not appear to be in any other separate documents.

is no defense a good defense? I've read through the threads and the final word is wishy washy.

I do not know TX and how things work in responding to a lawsuit.... but there are some TX people on here who I'm sure will respond soon....

My question is .... what kind of "answer" did those cases have? Or are you saying that you cannot find any answers in the files online?

I know it is hit and miss as to how each court allows access online. Some courts just have some of the "bullet points", but if you want to see the actual document you would have to go to the court in person and have them pull the file. Other courts have the documents scanned and available to view online. It just depends on what each court has decided to do or how well they have keep up with technology.

most of the respondents to the original complaint are general denial, absent of specific responses to each allegation as well as any affirmative defenses.

some of these seem to be drawn up by attorneys, which is why i was curious.

In dallas county, it seems like all the motions, answers, and any paperwork communications are scanned and accessible by case number.

thnx

Legal:

I am looking to file my Original Answer and just want to make sure I'm doing it right.

Some of the threads posted on here attach affirmative defenses with their original answer.

The texas rules of civil procedure state that should a defense be used, the defendant becomes the plaintiff(?) or something to that extent. I'll have to look it up again.