Capital One purchased ING Direct this week

FYI, Capital One extended a friendly offer to buy ING this week. This is a non-hostile bid so it will likely go through. The combined bank will be top 5 in size. Yet another megebank, just what we need. :cool:

ING is great. Capital One is awful in my opinion. So my two ING accounts will be promptly closed. I hope others follow suit.

FYI, Capital One extended a friendly offer to buy ING this week. This is a non-hostile bid so it will likely go through. The combined bank will be top 5 in size. Yet another megebank, just what we need. :cool:

ING is great. Capital One is awful in my opinion. So my two ING accounts will be promptly closed. I hope others follow suit.

I don't think it's just your opinion. My credit score is in the dumps right now and they're sending me "pre-approved" offers left and right. They were sending me these while I was involved in litigation over CC debt. They also file 15%-20% of all civil cases in NM District Courts. They are the most litigious entity in the state, followed by Citi. They put Midland to shame when it comes to volume. (FYI, NM follows the Federal nomenclature for what level the court is at, so District Court is not small claims.) They also use one particular law firm exclusively for this. It is a terrible practice, and Crap1 is quite predatory. I wouldn't take one of their cards if you paid me.

Guest usctrojanalum

Got rid of Capital One years ago. Had checking/savings and credit card. Customer service was awful, only really had them because they took over my local small bank Northfork. Have since switched over to Chase. I know a lot of people hate them, but I have had nothing but an excellent relationship chase.