Midland Credit Management HELP!!!

eaw3c1

I am new to this forum, but have successfully made collection agencies go running. This one concerning MCM. They send me a dunning let for an account I have never had. It was for CREDIT ONE BANK, these people are not even on my credit report. I send them a DV letter and they send me back a statement with the name on it but an address I have never lived at. Now they are once again bugging me about it. They refuse to prove they have the right person. It is only 692, but I am afriad that I might get sued for someone else's debt. i am in new york.

Is your name a somewhat common name? They may have gone through the phone book, found your name and said eh, close enough. Or you could be talking identity theft here. You won't know until there is a SSN listed.

You've DVed them and they're still claiming that you owe. Your options are to try to sucker them into some FDCPA violations or C&D them. If Midland is going to sue, Midland is going to sue. It sucks, but that's how they are.

Just for the heck of it, if NY has real estate records or property tax records online, you might be able to use the address on the statement and find out who was living at that address during the date on the cc statement. It could be someone who has the exact same name as you or almost the same with a minor difference.

Send them a C&D letter that clearly states you are not the person they seek. You never had the account referenced, period. Demand they close, delete, and go eat Maggot Droppings, or be sued. State that it is obvious they cannot prove the validity of their claim, so, it is in their best interest to do as you demand. Be sure and add that no phone calls are allowed and any further communications, as allowed by statute, must be in writing, and sent by U. S. Mail. Be clear and concise in your wording.

If they have reported negative info, do not include it at this time. Save it for later. This will be your final attack, if needed.

Edited by retmar