Midland Dismissed Their Case Against ME - WOOHOO

helpme

Just received the Request for Dismissal in the mail today. Midland dismissed w/o Prejudice. Awww they didn't want to fight anymore but thta's okay. The next one that tries I'll be ready.

A very BIG THANK YOU to CALAWYER for my numerous pm's. For his SUPPORT, ENCOURAGEMENT and REVIEW of all my letters to Midland's lawyer. All the latest caselaws and giving me the determination and ammo to fight.

VLDCA - THANK YOU for giving me your time and listening and encouraging me when I felt I was not up to fighting. Thank You for your thread on your Fight against the JDB's.

1111girl - Thank You for all your support giving me all your documents and support and telling us we can do it.

Seadragon, 1stStep and Chiquita55 for your numerous support and encouragement and all the case laws that was provided by all of you. Especially to Seadragon for your numerous encouragement and help to others when they found this forum.

Aqui - Thanks for your doc on Motion in Limine. Though I didn't need it, I appreciate your thread and encouragement. Best Wishes with your appeal.

MAMACALDO - Thank YOU for just making me laugh with your thread and making me hungry.

TO ALL THE OTHERS here on this forum NEW and OLD. To the newbies: Listen and follow the advice from those who went thru it. No question is a dumb question. We're all here to help. To the Ones With Wisdom: Continue giving insight, encouragement, laughter and the KNOW-HOW to FIGHT. Keep it Up.

I never expected this to happen to me. Have a GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE because I WILL NOW WITH MY FAMILY. WOOOHOOOO.

helpme

• Like 1

Congratulations! I'm fighting them too!

CS38, Thank You. They're BEATABLE. 2 months ago I was reading all the threads of those who won against Midland, and hoping one day I will be able to put up a post with "I WON. Case DISMISS".

Don't give up. Read the threads similar to your case. I used the same legal talk I found in my research against them when I responded to their meet&confer letters. I'm not familiar with Florida laws but will help wherever I can if you need it. Best Wishes.

helpme xangelx

Well, I thought I had beat them for good. My motion to dismiss was granted with the provision that they amend their complaint. Well...they amended their complaint (nearly identical, with redacted OC account#, and same unnamed affidavit, and additional unsigned credit card agreements 2 copies of same page?) On the docket it had said "disposed by judge" motion granted which I thought meant "thrown out" not so...

So, now I'm objecting based on hearsay, lack of privity.

thanks for the encouragement, I didn't know that "disposed" could mean not "thrown out" but just an interim decision made about a case!

I will fight them.

Congratulations, helpme....! This is AWESOME news!

:multibounce:

Oh, and thanks so much for sharing. This kind of news helps and inspires so many of those new to the board, as well as those that are still in the midst of their cases. It's inspirational to know if one stays the course, it can be done.

FYI--Remember to file for your fees, asap. I'll pull a couple of threads on that, so you'll know how(i.e. what forms, etc.). ;)

On edit (here's some threads on filing for your fees):

1. See post #7 by calawyer:

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/forums/there-lawyer-house/308992-capital-one-dismissed.html

2. For a pdf of the form to use, see post #27 (also by calawyer):

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/forums/there-lawyer-house/311007-being-sued-portfolio-recovery-associates-ca-2.html#post1141867

Any questions don't hesitate to ask!

:)++

Edited by tigger

MAMACALDO - Thank YOU for just making me laugh with your thread and making me hungry.

:oops: Awwwwww.... you are so sweet! I'm so glad I could keep you smiling through your fight.... and I hope you reward yourself by taking your family out for a big italian dinner with some nice vino.... ahhhhh.....

CONGRATS helpme!!

:oops: Awwwwww.... you are so sweet! I'm so glad I could keep you smiling through your fight.... and I hope you reward yourself by taking your family out for a big italian dinner with some nice vino.... ahhhhh.....

CONGRATS helpme!!

Hey MamaCaldo - I just wanted to share this with you. At dinner time, I tell my kids about things I've read on this forum. My son, who graduated fr h.s. this past june and (got a part-time job treated me and my husband to the Olive Garden to help relieve some of the stress and it MADE HIM HUNGRY TOO hearing everything you posted.) It's not close to the real thing (my neighbor is OLD-FASHION Italian) has shared some of her meals with my family so I do know what REAL italian cooking is. :lol: Take Care and Best Wishes on your case. I'll be rooting for you and all the others. This was the FIRST Time since Oct 2011 I had a GOOD Night's Sleep and yes spending time with my family is important. That's MY PRIORITY RIGHT NOW.

Congratulations, helpme....! This is AWESOME news!

:multibounce:

Oh, and thanks so much for sharing. This kind of news helps and inspires so many of those new to the board, as well as those that are still in the midst of their cases. It's inspirational to know if one stays the course, it can be done.

FYI--Remember to file for your fees, asap. I'll pull a couple of threads on that, so you'll know how(i.e. what forms, etc.). ;)

On edit (here's some threads on filing for your fees):

1. See post #7 by calawyer:

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/forums/there-lawyer-house/308992-capital-one-dismissed.html

2. For a pdf of the form to use, see post #27 (also by calawyer):

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/forums/there-lawyer-house/311007-being-sued-portfolio-recovery-associates-ca-2.html#post1141867

Any questions don't hesitate to ask!

Tigger, I have read all your old posts and believe me you have given me inspiration. I'm so glad that I can give others hope as well. When I started this journey, it was a Friday and I was curled up in a ball the whole weekend. I didn't say a word to anyone in my family. That Monday, I found this WONDERFUL FORUM with WONDERFUL PEOPLE like yourself. It gave me the inspiration and HOPE to fight. Thank you for the links. I will look at them and get going on that. I saw from Mollymai's post how long it took her to recover costs so THANK YOU Again. Best Wishes on your Journey to WINNING.8]

You give me so much hope! I'm fighting Midland here in CA and I'm so happy to hear you overcame them! You'll be ready if another one tries to come after you!!

Hi Meli,

Thank YOU. Others like myself have found strength from those here on this forum. Use them. I will say the same thing to you: NO QUESTION IS A STUPID QUESTION. There is a wealth of information here. I have never seen a bunch of individuals willing to help and give of their time to US to help FIGHT JDB's. So let me know where I can help with your case. PM me if you want. I don't mind.

I'll be following your case and others too that are still on their journey to WIN.

I always knew "It isn't really scary in California." xdancex

Take Care and Best Wishes on your Case.

I never expected this to happen to me.

Trust me!! Midland did not ever expect this to happen either when they sued you. xxHellxx

You looked the bully right in the eye, did not back down, punched them right in the face and said, "Bring It." Instead, in true bully form, they tucked tail and ran.

Edited by Coltfan1972

Trust me!! Midland did not ever expect this to happen either when they sued you. xxHellxx

You looked the bully right in the eye, did not back down, punched them right in the face and said, "Bring It." Instead, in true bully form, they tucked tail and ran.

Thanks Coltfan1972, you just don't know how I sit and read posts from you giving logical and many times funny advice. Funny in the way to de-stress but at times it makes sense. Keep it up. You don't know the courage you and others here have given and continue to give to people like me. a BIG THANKS.

Just received the Request for Dismissal in the mail today. Midland dismissed w/o Prejudice. Awww they didn't want to fight anymore but thta's okay. The next one that tries I'll be ready.

I already told you this but I am very proud of you for sticking in there. It is a daunting task to go up against a lawyer in Court. I am glad you didn't pay them to go away.

Now, they will have the opportunity to pay YOU. Get that cost memo in within 15 days of the mailing of the dismissal. THe form is simple to fill out.

Again, nice going.

Tigger, I have read all your old posts and believe me you have given me inspiration. I'm so glad that I can give others hope as well. When I started this journey, it was a Friday and I was curled up in a ball the whole weekend. I didn't say a word to anyone in my family. That Monday, I found this WONDERFUL FORUM with WONDERFUL PEOPLE like yourself. It gave me the inspiration and HOPE to fight. Thank you for the links. I will look at them and get going on that. I saw from Mollymai's post how long it took her to recover costs so THANK YOU Again. Best Wishes on your Journey to WINNING.8]

Awww you're a sweetheart, and most welcome!

Our horrible weekend before the case is not a very distant memory, at all. ...at least not yet. The night before trial, I didn't sleep at all. I spent all my time coaching my relative, going over our notes, prepping for trial.

Before I knew it...it was time to get dressed and drive to court.

Oh and not to toot our own horn :oops:, but we already won...;)

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/forums/there-lawyer-house/311788-its-over-we-won-case-dismissed.html

Congrats again--enjoy your family time!

Just so pleased to see so many Californians standing up to these dirtbags!

I already told you this but I am very proud of you for sticking in there. It is a daunting task to go up against a lawyer in Court. I am glad you didn't pay them to go away.

Now, they will have the opportunity to pay YOU. Get that cost memo in within 15 days of the mailing of the dismissal. THe form is simple to fill out.

Again, nice going.

When I started this journey 4 mos and 2 days ago, I was lost and scared. I took the advice of everyone here to read your posts. I went back all to way to posts and threads of ADSOFT, RIKKIVS and the like. You gave them very good advice which I used to my advantage. Thank You for letting me pm you and letting me play Devil's Advocate and seeing if I had something or not.

I know my journey is over only temporarily since it was dismissed w/o prejudice but that's ok for now. I will be ready and I'm not going away especially with individuals like yourself. KEEP IT UP CALAWYER. YOU'RE THE MAN.