Rickart Collection Systems

Hopeful1

I see very limited info on this CA, so I figured I would start a new thread. I have been receiving the occasional demand for payment letter from this company. I got one about a month ago that was almost threatening but laughable at the same time. They threatened to "check my finances". That's cool, don't know what they'd be able to check since everything I have is joint accounts with my husband and I am a stay at home mom with no income. I received another letter within the last week that was so nice, asking if I was getting an income tax refund and to take care of it, that they care, blah blah blah. The amount is around $250.00 but I am hoping to settle for less than that. Has anyone had experience negotiating with this company? It's not on any of my credit reports and I'd like to keep it that way. Also, this was for a utility bill from Maryland, but I now live in Georgia. I'm not sure which state to go with for SOL. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Never sent them anything.

I thought the "check your finances" thing was sorta funny since it sounded like they were blowing smoke...

Would the DV be the first step in this case?

The account was put in collections in 2008 and I'm not sure what the SOL would be-don't want to stir it up if it's almost out of the SOL...

The amount is around $250.00.

About $250.00??????? To me, this would be a "by hook or by crook" scenario. Somehow, some way, that kind of amount seems payable....and worth paying rather than the problems of not paying.

I realize that the amount of $250.00 may be relative....but nowadays, 250.00 tain't much.... ;)

Since neither MD nor GA are Community property States and you are a Stay at Home Mom,there is little they can do except make the veiled threat of some vague action they will take.

Let's see...they threatened to "examine your finances"

Next they will "Consult with an Attorney"

After that, "Discuss our Alternatives"

Then "It Leaves My Desk"

As long as you get your name off the bank accounts, the only real action they can take is

"Kiss your A$$" because all they really can do is "Blow Smoke"

• Like 1

Since neither MD nor GA are Community property States and you are a Stay at Home Mom,there is little they can do except make the veiled threat of some vague action they will take.

Let's see...they threatened to "examine your finances"

Next they will "Consult with an Attorney"

After that, "Discuss our Alternatives"

Then "It Leaves My Desk"

As long as you get your name off the bank accounts, the only real action they can take is

"Kiss your A$$" because all they really can do is "Blow Smoke"

Dude,

Your wit cracks me up consistantly. Awesome.

Your advice taint bad either. :)

-RD