They Caved, should I still Sue?

crash5050

I know the ultimate goal of all of us here is to get our credit cleared up. I have been fighting with a CA for a Year and finally got the Attorney General involved. They caved and cleared the debt and retracted the entries on all 3 CRA's. But, ...it took me a year to get them to do it, and I have a mountain of violations piled up against them. To sue or not to sue, thatis the question.

makes you wanna go hrmmmm.

Ambien induced post please excuse the spelling.

I would.

Why not collect on FDCPA and FCRA infractions? That's *why* the laws are there in the first place; to protect you. And to compensate you when your rights have been infringed upon. Which you suggest happened.

Plus, a year of anguish, harrassment and your credit reports being damaged by a CA's willful negligence, caused you unneccesary infliction of emotional pain and suffering, defamation of character, etc, etc. You get the idea.

I just helped a friend beat LVNV for $4500. Their local lawyer caved and conceded, but required my friend to agree not to sue for FDCPA infractions as part of the deal. And there were *many*. I was out of the country at the time and by the time I was aprised of the situation, it had already been signed and sealed.

I'd have gone for the full monty, but that's me. My friend has less of a stomach for courtrooms, which is sort of what JDBs and CAs count on.

If you've got the stomach for it... you GO! :)

Edited by RockDaddy
typo

I know the ultimate goal of all of us here is to get our credit cleared up.

Not true at all. I just finished up my federal lawsuit and it is ready to file in the next few days. I have not even checked my credit report yet.

I'm getting the credit report cleared up with or without their cooperation, so I figure I'll sue them in the process. Just give them something to remember me by.

On a side note, if you're talking about the violations that you emailed me about, then yes, I would also sue them.

Not true at all. I just finished up my federal lawsuit and it is ready to file in the next few days. I have not even checked my credit report yet.

I'm getting the credit report cleared up with or without their cooperation, so I figure I'll sue them in the process. Just give them something to remember me by.

On a side note, if you're talking about the violations that you emailed me about, then yes, I would also sue them.

Yes it is the violations I told you about, so I think I will tkae the collective view of the people that have posted here. I reckon they will want to keep it out of court, but I aint skeered, been there before, not really much to it, Object to everything and lay out the facts.

David

David,

Just think of the damages the court can award you over and above the FDCPA infractions, for defamation of character and willful infliction of emotional distress. Plus, they have to pay a lawyer $$ to fight you.

And if you ask for it, they have to pay YOUR court costs and fees as well.

I'd do this in a second if I could. Though I may be in for that soon with a couple of different creditors I'm dealing with at the moment.

I'd say with the Attorney General on your side, at least clearing it up for you, you probably have a good case if you can prove the infractions.

Good Luck,

-Rocco