EXP won’t delete addresses…

brody445

I'm just starting out and working on addresses presently. I disputed 2 addresses online with Experian. Less than a day later they came back as “verified.” I called their 1-800 number and re-disputed both. One is the current address of my Ex and I've never even lived close to the location! Anyhow, they stated that both addresses were being reported by collections agencies and therefore they could not delete them – that they (EXP) was reporting “valid” information as furnished to them by collectors. The EXP phone rep stated I needed to contact the CA to have them STOP reporting the inaccurate info. In the case of the Ex's address - apparently they had me as an "authorized user" on the account.

I went through the clean-up process back in 2000 and the first step back then was to delete all old addresses. I would assume things are still the same, but it seems the CRAs have gotten a lot uglier about doing this. Does anyone have any advice getting these old addresses removed? It doesn’t make sense (for a lot of reasons) to have to contact a furnisher who is reporting bad information and ask them to update.

Thanks for any advice,

Bobby

well, is your ex's info on your report (were you indeed an AU on the account)? If so, get that the hell off your report!

Experian's entries in your CR have an "address identifier"..... each one of your accounts had your addy associated with it. One account that has that address remains on your CR and you dispute the address you get nowhere.

Get rid of the account that isn't yours FIRST, then dispute the address.