Can Someone Help? What to expect at settlment conference/oral argument hearing...

coopdog24

So here is my story:

I am being sued by gurstel chargo/on behalf of capital one... in arizona...I was completly taken by surprise when a summons was served to my husband for this debt, because I filed for bankruptcy in 2005 and in my paperwork, it shows that my capital one credit card was one listed as one of the discharged debts(I have only had one capital one credit card)...but they are saying this account was opened in 2007. So I am very confused....anyways, I went to the courthouse and filed an answer denying the debt and then filed a motion to comel private/contractual arbitration. I recieved paperwork today, stating that there is a hearing set for a settlement conference/oral argument. Can someone please tell me what to expect and how i go about this? I dont know If I can fight this with the bankruptcy paperwork, because the dates do not make sense...but ofcourse they have not validated the debt or shown proof it was really opened in 2007. HELLLPPPPP??? :confused:

So here is my story:

I am being sued by gurstel chargo/on behalf of capital one... in arizona...I was completly taken by surprise when a summons was served to my husband for this debt, because I filed for bankruptcy in 2005 and in my paperwork, it shows that my capital one credit card was one listed as one of the discharged debts(I have only had one capital one credit card)...but they are saying this account was opened in 2007. So I am very confused....anyways, I went to the courthouse and filed an answer denying the debt and then filed a motion to comel private/contractual arbitration. I recieved paperwork today, stating that there is a hearing set for a settlement conference/oral argument. Can someone please tell me what to expect and how i go about this? I dont know If I can fight this with the bankruptcy paperwork, because the dates do not make sense...but ofcourse they have not validated the debt or shown proof it was really opened in 2007. HELLLPPPPP??? :confused:

Firstly, they must show some purchase after the bankruptcy was discharged.

Did they?

Secondly, do not be nervous and figure what you want from the settlement.

How much are we talking about?

But, I would not settle unless you see some statement that there was a purchase and some statement demanding payment.

That shouldn't be so difficult to prove.

The lawyers are liars!