Summons received in MN from Messssserli & Krammmmmer. Please Help

1. Who is the named plaintiff in the suit?

Local Credit Union

2. What is the name of the law firm handling the suit? (should be listed at the top of the complaint.)

Messssserli & Krammmer

3. How much are you being sued for?

13K balance, 5K interest, 4K Legal fees = roughly 21K

4. Who is the original creditor? (if not the Plaintiff)

Same credit union

5. How do you know you are being sued? (You were served, right?)

Served papers in person

6. How were you served? (Mail, In person, Notice on door)

In person

7. Was the service legal as required by your state?

I think so

8. What was your correspondence (if any) with the people suing you before you think you were being sued?

None

9. What state and county do you live in?

Minnesota

10. When is the last time you paid on this account? (looking to establish if you are outside of the statute of limitations)

Not sure. back in 2008ish...

11. What is the SOL on the debt? To find out:

After look through table - 6 years (but I was told before it was 7? Did it recently change?)

12. What is the status of your case? Suit served? Motions filed? You can find this by a) calling the court or B) looking it up online (many states have this information posted - when you find the online court site, search by case number or your name).

Just received summons on Feb 15th, now have 20 days to respond

13. Have you disputed the debt with the credit bureaus (both the original creditor and the collection agency?)

Not yet

14. Did you request debt validation before the suit was filed? Note: if you haven't sent a debt validation request, don't bother doing this now - it's too late.

No

15. How long do you have to respond to the suit? (This should be in your paperwork). If you don't respond to the lawsuit notice you will lose automatically. In 99% of the cases, they will require you to answer the summons, and each point they are claiming. We need to know what the "charges" are. Please post what they are claiming. Did you receive an interrogatory (questionnaire) regarding the lawsuit?

20 days

16. What evidence did they send with the summons? An affidavit? Statements from the OC? Contract? List anything else they attached as exhibits.

Signed "loan and security agreement" but in summons they stated that I signed "promissory note". Is that the same thing legally speaking?

I spent quite some hours on this forum today (which by the way is VERY helpful) and it seems that most of the people are getting sued for much smaller amounts... Do I have any chance fighting it?

Is there a link to sample of how an answer should look like and what is the format?

How do I start it, where does my name go? Does it need to look like the summons (state of MN, county etc..)

Also, depending on how this one goes I might need actual attorney help (to at least review the contract). I noticed there are a few people that are very knowledgeable when it comes to MN and is there any referral links/program that exist on this forum?

Attorneys do not like cases like this because they don't think they'll ever get paid. They demand a big retainer, and bill you monthly after that. If you don't pay they drop you. The first thing they will ask you is what we will ask you.....what is your defense? Do you legitemately owe this debt? If not, why not? Credit Unions keep good records, they are hard to beat. Especially if the credit union was somehow attached to your employment.