Questions about disputing.

Jeff.

Well i had recentley went forth with an online dispute via Experian...and to my suprise it was deleted. The reason i was suprised is because I did not have any documentation to back up my claim.

But my question is Do the 3 big ones communicate on these things? or do i still need to send the the other 2 a dispute as well. Also would providing my case # from my succesfull dispute be any help? I appreciate any help. Thanks in advance

I don't believe the CRAs communicate with each other. You might want to dispute with the other 2, as well. Depending upon how long ago you disputed, the entry could show up again. If it was deleted because Experian had not heard from the creditor within the 1st 30 days after your dispute, it can be reinserted if they receive verification from the creditor. If they decide to reinsert it, they have to let you know.

Did Experian explain why the entry was deleted?

I don't believe the CRAs communicate with each other. You might want to dispute with the other 2, as well. Depending upon how long ago you disputed, the entry could show up again. If it was deleted because Experian had not heard from the creditor within the 1st 30 days after your dispute, it can be reinserted if they receive verification from the creditor. If they decide to reinsert it, they have to let you know.

Did Experian explain why the entry was deleted?

well i sent the dispute in i believe on Friday [02-24-12] and I had the results emailed to me last night. There was no reason listed . It simply stated "Deleted" and they gave me a free copy of my updated credit report.

I was suprised at how fast they got back with me on it. Should i be worried about re-insertion?

*Edit

How we verified the information

When you question information on your credit report and tell us specifically why you believe the information is inaccurate or incomplete, Experian contacts the source of the information directly by letter, telephone, or through an automated verification system. We ask the source to check their records to verify all of the information regarding the item you questioned, and report back to us within 30 days of the date that we received your request (21 days for Maine residents and 45 days if the investigation is on information in a free annual credit report). Once we receive their response, we will send you the results of the investigation. If we do not receive a response from the source within the required number of days, we will update the item as you have requested or delete the information, and we will send you the results.

So does that mean that they did not have my information on record since the response was so quick? I wouldnt think they would respond back as fast otherwide.. but again I have next to nothing in experience when it comes to this buisiness

Edited by Jeff.
Information

well i sent the dispute in i believe on Friday [02-24-12] and I had the results emailed to me last night. There was no reason listed . It simply stated "Deleted" and they gave me a free copy of my updated credit report.

I was suprised at how fast they got back with me on it. Should i be worried about re-insertion?

The creditor might have responded that quickly, and the account could be off for good. I was simply pointing out that a deletion doesn't always mean the entry will stay deleted because the account might be verified a little later. Right now, only time will tell.

So does that mean that they did not have my information on record since the response was so quick? I wouldnt think they would respond back as fast otherwide.. but again I have next to nothing in experience when it comes to this buisiness

It could very well mean the creditor didn't have any information, and the entry will not return. It could also mean Experian has deleted it until they hear from the creditor. However, if it is reinserted, Experian should let you know.

Edited by BV80
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just had the same thing happen to me with Trans union this week. The investigation came back complete in about 24 hours and the items (in my case, 2 old medical collections) were removed. I disputed them with the other 2, but so far haven't heard anything back. Does anyone know what happens if one credit bureau drops the item(s) and the other ones don't? I'm trying to figure out how that would impact a decision on a loan

Each CB will keep or delete tradelines at will. One has nothing to do with the other.

On my reports Equifax shows 1 negative, TU shows 2, and Experian shows 7. Six months ago they were all showing 10+. Experian doesn't like to delete often.

Many times a deletion means a CA had the file, looking for easy fast cash but the first sign of dispute or anything they sell it off fast. It will drop, but many times it will pop back up with a new CA soon. Other times it is gone for good. It all depends.

Once you update your info and start disputing you may see more pop on as well. These long forgotten accounts seem to resurface (and often go away just as quick).

As far as the speed, if the CB sends for info and the CA doesn't want to deal with disputes and possible lawsuits they will tell the CB quick they no longer have it and delete the tradeline. This is when it may be sold off to another...