Business credit card agreement

JackSprat

I was sent a letter from a CA attorney regarding debt on a Crap1 business card. I do not have the agreement from when I opened the account. I defaulted in 2008.

I have been unable to find a business agreement online.

Does anyone have a Crap1 business credit card agreement they could post here? 2002 to 2008 will work fine.

Much obliged.

I was sent a letter from a CA attorney regarding debt on a Crap1 business card. I do not have the agreement from when I opened the account. I defaulted in 2008.

I have been unable to find a business agreement online.

Does anyone have a Crap1 business credit card agreement they could post here? 2002 to 2008 will work fine.

Much obliged.

Jack,

You don't need to find an agreement online. It's not the way it's done.

Send a Debt Validations (DV) letter to the Collections Agency, (CA) within the first 30 days of YOU receiving their letter. They will have to provide you with relavant information on the account, proving that it's yours. You need to send this letter: Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested, (CMRRR) so that you can *prove* that you sent the letter. When you get back the *green card* keep it on file, you may need it later.

See the section of this website entitled, Debt Validation. If your timing is right and you dig in, you could beat them. I did, using this section and this forum.

Btw, check the SOL in your state, this debt sounds like it could be out of Statue of Limitations already, or close to it.

Cheers,

-RD

Edited by RockDaddy

Thanks for the info.

Well, the collection letter was sent as though it is personal debt, mini miranda and all. Also, most of the charges were personal ones. Even though it is a business card I have grounds to treat it as consumer debt.

I already sent a debt validation letter and I will MTC arbitration if they take me to court. It is not beyond the SOL in my state.

I want to get ahold of a business agreement to file with JAMS (as consumer). If accepted, this is my preferred route.

I'm just hoping someone has a business card agreement they can share.

Because this is a "business" debt, the FDCPA does not apply, even though you may have personally guaranteed the account. DV is not applicable.

WTC,

I replied more because the tone of the OP's post, even though he says 'business Crap1 Card', sounds an awful lot like he meant a personal card. If you see what I mean. I'm talking about clever marketing, making a LSC feel important by calling it a "Business Card"... ja?

His latter post pretty much confirms it's a Business Card, I think.

Jack, can you confirm that this is indeed a Business card that you signed as part of a business that own? If so, WTC is 100% correct. (well, she's correct anyway, Business Debt does not have to be Validated) If it's just a fancy card name that you signed personally for, then you may have FDCPA protection on a personal level.

-Good Luck

It was opened as a business account. The business is now closed.

I am not concerned right now with business vs consumer issues, though. I mostly just want to get ahold of a business agreement.

I want to thank you both for your help.

Hopefully, someone here on CIC has a business credit card account from crap1 that can post a copy of it. It would be super appreciated.

Thanks.