Question about late payments

cali11

Hey guys, have not posted in here for a few months. Getting back on the credit repair, I have a few questions. So I was able to get all my wifes CO etc off her reports, well have one more with TU that they verfied. So she does have a few(late payments) like 4, 30 days lates on an car we paid off 3 years ago may. The last late was april on 2009. We had abour 4 or so all pretty much back to back. I know they stay on for the 7 years, but I also heard after 3 years they wont effect the fico score as much. Any info given would be awsome. Thanks

Yes, the older the late payments, the less it impacts your FICO. Generally lates within 2 yrs impact your score the most.

You might want to either leave the lates alone OR try a goodwill (GW) letter to have them removed. Search in the forums for GW letter