Basic pfd question/ consequences

Hopeful1

Following up on what willingtocope stated, check your state laws to see what would restart the SOL. In my state, only a payment would restart. Make sure an offer or the promise to pay won't restart the SOL in your state.

Brief scenario:

I have a utility debt from Maryland that has been sold to a CA. Dofd is 10/2008. I think it would be out of SoL as of 10/2011. I am reading on another website that in Maryland that the 3 year statute begins again if creditors can document that the debtor has "reaffirmed" a debt on a good faith basis by written agreement, orally or by payment. (I am not sure of the accuracy of the info on other said website and I can't find what restarts the SoL in the statute listed for Maryland.) Since this debt is out of SoL then I would be opening myself up to restarting the SoL with a pfd offer, right? I really doubt the CA would want to try and sue since it's a small sum but would like to understand before I open up something.